Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Greetings, new member here.
I will start an intro thread in a bit.

I am badge number 1771, and I put one just now next to the ARB emblem on my front bumper.
The camera did not pick it up very well though.

I am going to put the second one on the rear door where other FJ Cruiser members have put theirs, next to the FJ emblem.
But I currently have another one there, and I have no fishing line :D
I tried some string, and it just broke.
Can anyone recommend what size monofilament to get?

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Update, got my second badge put on today.
What a chore getting the old one off.
I had tried 30 weight fishing line last week, but it kept snapping on me.
This morning I got out my old Conair hair drier and set it to full power and heated up the old badge good and hot.
I tired the fishing line again, and it cut through like a hot butter knife, but what a mess when I pulled the old badge off.

When I installed it many years ago, it did not come with an adhesive backing like the nice ones we got from Michael here.
Michael, your emblems rock!
I had to install several strips to the back of the old badge which was two way sticky.

A few pics from today, and an old one showing my old badge when it was new.
The paint and plastic inserts had started to flake off, it was not very well made.

It looked good when it was brand new

Compare it now just an hour or so ago when I took it off

Items used to take old emblem and adhesive strips off of the rear door

New OB emblem installed in about the center of where the larger old one was

I still have some residue left that is about 1/4" outside of the diameter of the new one, and I scrubbed and scrubbed some more with the Goo Gone Pro Power with plastic razor blades, a pot & pan nylon scrubber, but a little bit remains still
I may try getting some good rubbing compound and see if that will take it off.
You cannot see it in the picture I do not think.

The new emblem looks pretty good in that position I think.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

This was waiting for me today when I got back from the Jeep and Truck fest going on in the Orlando Convention Center. My ultimate members package and couldn't wait to post up and represent from Florida as an official OB member. Thanks Michael and Corrie! You guys are the bomb and happy to be a member of this group. Just need to get the patch with the # on it now.

Badge on the driver side of the JKU-R

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Update, got my second badge put on today.
What a chore getting the old one off.
I had tried 30 weight fishing line last week, but it kept snapping on me.
This morning I got out my old Conair hair drier and set it to full power and heated up the old badge good and hot.
I tired the fishing line again, and it cut through like a hot butter knife, but what a mess when I pulled the old badge off.

When I installed it many years ago, it did not come with an adhesive backing like the nice ones we got from Michael here.
Michael, your emblems rock!
I had to install several strips to the back of the old badge which was two way sticky.

A few pics from today, and an old one showing my old badge when it was new.
The paint and plastic inserts had started to flake off, it was not very well made.

It looked good when it was brand new

Compare it now just an hour or so ago when I took it off

Items used to take old emblem and adhesive strips off of the rear door

New OB emblem installed in about the center of where the larger old one was

I still have some residue left that is about 1/4" outside of the diameter of the new one, and I scrubbed and scrubbed some more with the Goo Gone Pro Power with plastic razor blades, a pot & pan nylon scrubber, but a little bit remains still
I may try getting some good rubbing compound and see if that will take it off.
You cannot see it in the picture I do not think.

The new emblem looks pretty good in that position I think.
This is a very helpful tip! Thank you! I am going top post it in our FAQ section!

Reactions: legrena and Corey

Okierover

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Newcastle, OK, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Got my Overland Bound badge in May 2016. I have it mounted with my other badges on the tailgate.
1411 is very appropriate for me...my kids think I'm Google and are always asking for "information".
Cannibal Trophy because to keep her running I've cannibalized several other Classics.
Overland, is a Jeep badge from years ago. I felt like it still applied.
Oklahoma Edition comes from Ford. My friend got me that. My Land Rover is an Oklahoma Edition.
County LWB is the factory badge for Long Wheel Base. The Big White Bus is 108 inches. 8 inches longer than a standard Range Rover Classic. They made this model for 3 years.
tailgate.jpg

Last edited: