Where did you install your OB emblem?

• HTML tutorial
E

expeditionnorth

on the rear tailgate door

mine now after 2 winters has a lot of white residue that wont come off over the top of it
I've tried scrubbing & still nothing, anyone else have this issue?

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
So I just received my OB Emblem and I'm not sure where to place it? How difficult would it be to remove it once I put on my rig?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Take fishing line and use it as a "knife" to cut the emblem off. Like dental floss just move it back and forth. Then use WD-40 to remove any remaining adhesive from the paint. I have used this method countless times removing badges placed on new vehicles from dealerships.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

So I just received my OB Emblem and I'm not sure where to place it? How difficult would it be to remove it once I put on my rig?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
I put mine in the wrong place and had to remove it. Was fairly simple to remove if you can get under it. Probably would have helped if I used the heat gun. Goo gone to get the sticky off the truck. I will now have to glue it in the right place though as the adhesive is damaged on back.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

This seemed like the best spot to me. I am really thinking about getting one for the passenger side now too. Sorry for the poor quality picture.

View attachment 4753
This is where I put my first one on my 4runner, however realized that the passenger side wouldn't match because of snorkel. So I had to remove it. Just a note if you are getting a snorkel that may be an issue down the road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Reactions: Mike G