Yeti 400, solar panel Dalema?

• HTML tutorial

HawkH3Alpha

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
Member #

I just bought a yeti 400 power generator. What is your take to pick on solar panel/s for overlanding with a RTT? Ridged with a frame, foldable or flexible?

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

A little late but since no one has posted I figure WTH. I went foldable for my setup. First, my yeti is only in the rig with the fridge is in there. Thus I do not need a full time solar panel mounted to rig. Your sentence did not state your uses, but I see a sweet trailer, if there is room for a 100+ watt panel why not do it? More so if you have a big open area where you live, minus trees, you are hard pressed not to find sun somewhere. Right?

My fold-able is something I can setup when needed, takes little room in the rig (attached to the Rangler net between it and the rear seat. I chose to go with a smaller than GZ panel and am happy with it. I have a Acopower 120W available on Amazon for @$300. here
When using with a yeti do not use the charge controller, infact they have a panel without charge controller and alligator clips for $30 less if you are hoping to cut a little extra budget and have no other used for it, if you search it out on Amazon. It works great, takes up very little room (a little bigger and just about as thick as a benchmark road and recreation atlas if you have/ know how big those are). But this way you can extend the panel/ tilt/ move for camp setup and following the sun etc. I liked it so much I bought a pair of extras to use with my Yeti 1250 and extra battery as part of my emergency preps around my place.

Not my video, but it gives you an idea on them.
Let us know what you go with mate.

Reactions: Boort

Kenny

Rank II
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Adirondacks, NY
First Name
Kenny
Last Name
Ackerman
Member #

I just bought a yeti 400 power generator. What is your take to pick on solar panel/s for overlanding with a RTT? Ridged with a frame, foldable or flexible?
I have both, the Boulder 50 with kickstand is great around camp and down by the lake where it gets most sun. I also use the Nomad 14 on my tent and hooked to my kayak while paddling. This works great as a stand alone to charge small elecronics around camp like usb lanterns, speakers, phones, etc.