Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HHZ
You’re a Rock Star, let me know if I can help in anyway, excellent YouTube’s on this radio!
Thank you! I should be in good shape. I have the Tech Q&A book and the study app. I have an engineering background so lots of the concepts are relatively familiar.

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
This looks like it is still on sale at hamradio.com. Can you folks tell me why you prefer this to some other radios?

Commander Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Mandas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6JXZ
Great radio, still on sale at Gigaparts. Prefer this radio for Overlanding. Menu driven easy to see and use on the trail, APRS is easy to set up. Has an option Microphone with a camera built in, can send pics to others with that. Still has all the great features of most dual banders. Has a great compass feature as well. I’m Big fan of the Kenwood D710G and have owned one for years and still do. I like the FTM 400 with the touch screen and menus. Also this radio will interface with your tablet with a small external part, you then then watch your group via Back Country Navigator on APRS, pretty cool. Best feature, great Yaesu radio for an outstanding price. Also has a digital mode if you are in to that.
Let me know if I can help in any way.
Regards
Pat

Reactions: Bilbo