WTB: RTT

• HTML tutorial

smith

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

Hi all! Looking to see if anyone here was looking to sell their RTT before I go up to Bend to purchase a CVT RTT. Open to used or new. Im located in San Francisco East Bay, but also willing to drive anywhere in California, possibly Oregon. Thanks!

smith

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pleasanton, CA
Member #

I'm selling my CVT mt Rainer extended summit series tent.... retail is 2700+ ship.... asking 2200.00

its only been using 4 times....
Ah that's a really good deal, but I'm really turned off by that bright green color. I'll pass down your offer to a few friends who may want it!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

Have you called CVT to see if they have any demos or "floor models", occasionally they sell them.

Posted via mobile. OB# 3459

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I'm selling my Tepui Autana soon if you're interested. 3 person tent

2infinity&beyond

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Livermore, CA
Member #

Hi all! Looking to see if anyone here was looking to sell their RTT before I go up to Bend to purchase a CVT RTT. Open to used or new. Im located in San Francisco East Bay, but also willing to drive anywhere in California, possibly Oregon. Thanks!
I might be selling my 1 year old Tepui kukenam soon and I too am in the SF east bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I might be selling my 1 year old Tepui kukenam soon and I too am in the SF east bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it an XL? I'm constantly searching Bay Area CL for a 4-person RTT so keep us posted!

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
I've been looking at the Smittybilt Overland XL. Seems to be decent quality for the price range of $1,100.
I'm with you- hard to beat the price and I've read mostly positive reviews really. That just might be the right investment for our projected use scenario. That being said, I'm really digging the new Baja series from Tepui which use a much lighter weight material similar to a standard ground tent. They start around $1,600 and I hear nothing but positive on Tepui in general. I don't mind paying for higher quality on this type of investment.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

@smith I don't know which cvt you are looking at. If you're looking to go big with the cvt mt Denali 4+ person tent, I recommend paying extra for the extended version especially if you want to be able to easily use your annex. I have the standard mt Denali and the way the annex mounts, you are required to unbolt and re bolt re ladders to the rtt every time you want to use the annex. Needless to say my annex gets no use. Kinda bummed about this, as I wanted to be able to use my annex as a bathroom or privacy shelter but I'm not about to unbolt my ladders every time I want to set up my annex.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Have you done any research on the 23Zero tents? We just recently sold our CVT Mt. Denali (non-summit series) and installed the 23Zero Sydney. Have to say that the 23Zero is a step-up in quality over the CVT in several areas. Don't want to go into a lot of detail here since CVT really is a great tent company and I don't want to come across as brand bashing, but we had concerns after a year of heavy use (50+ nights).

Just a few things that sold us on the 23Zero:

Metal Pivots vs. Plastic
3 inch high-density mattress (no more sore hips!)
Removable Rain-Fly with true "stargazer" flaps in the main body vs. a pvc window that was degrading fast and caused the stars to appear as blurs
Higher quality stitching and "tighter" fitting rain fly that reduces wind slap dramatically

All the major roof top tent brands are made in China, so it's an uphill battle for everyone to maintain quality. I know that 23Zero has a dedicated QA person who is at the factory every other day (they work 7 days a week) to ensure the products are maintaining the designed quality.

If you're in the market for a new tent, I highly recommend the 23Zero over the other options out there for price and quality. The Sydney isn't available on their website just yet but you can get them from Dave at Turtleback Trailers in Phoenix by special request.

23 Zero Tents Link

IMG_20170216_105222_764.jpg

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

After realizing that my CVT Mount Denali Standard requires me to UNBOLT my ladders to install my annex, then REBOLT my ladders back on to the tent, EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to use my annex, I am seriously considering selling it and moving to a 23zero "Byron" tent, which offers slightly less sleeping space than the Mt. Denali, but is "Extended" so that the ladders will fit inside of the annex room when that is installed. As it is right now, we have WAY more than enough room in the Mt. Denali, so losing 15" of width on the tent in order to be able to effectively use my annex is very tempting.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

After realizing that my CVT Mount Denali Standard requires me to UNBOLT my ladders to install my annex, then REBOLT my ladders back on to the tent, EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to use my annex, I am seriously considering selling it and moving to a 23zero "Byron" tent, which offers slightly less sleeping space than the Mt. Denali, but is "Extended" so that the ladders will fit inside of the annex room when that is installed. As it is right now, we have WAY more than enough room in the Mt. Denali, so losing 15" of width on the tent in order to be able to effectively use my annex is very tempting.
Give Dave a call at Turtleback Trailer and tell him Kevin with Lifestyle Overland sent you (855) 732-2383. He might even be willing to do a trade in or help list your current tent.

If you're wanting to keep the Denali size, ask him about the Sydney tent... 'cause you can never have too much room in an RTT. ;)

hallry

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Campbell, CA
Member #

I'm selling my Tepui Kukenam Ruggedized with Annex in Haze Grey, new boot bag, clear windows and 4' awning. Asking for $1200. All new was $2485.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

I have Hinterland Industries Tents on my trailers and cant say enough good things about them. They have 400g ripstop poly/canvas tent bodies, 1" thick alum poles with alloy joints, 3" memory foam mattresses and offer both a curved top and regular top model. While the tents are made in China, Graham(the owner) takes a lot of pride in his products and it shows. Once you figure in shipping they are a few hundred cheaper than the comparable Summit Series Tents.

HIT Jalama Curved Top Tent:
OUT1.jpg