Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Hey guys, I'm currently going through a heavy repair and replace Action on my jku diesel engine and I would like to install a oil catch can for well known reasons. Since we will have everything clean and new, this is the ideal moment.

Unfortunately I can't find any good documentation or installation instructions for a 2012-2018 LHD diesel and looking at the pictures of the RHD version or pre face-lift I see significant differences.

If anyone of us has some knowledge about the topic I would be very happy if you could help me out.

Thanks in advance
Mathias

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Mathias,

Have you found a special solution for the 2.8 diesel? Beside the RHD ones from Australia I mean?

Or do you simply mount a standard catch can and attach it somehiw with a kind of bracket?

Cheers,
Bjoern

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Haven't found a specific solution, I will buy something generic with the right internals and try to hook it up. Still need some information because there seems to be more than one vent hose and one of them is currently open (seems to be stock) and not hooked up to anything.
Probably will go and work with the guys at the workshop. We'll see what we come up with.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
That sounds like a plan. Maybe when it's done you can show here what and how it turned out. That would be great!

Reactions: MazeVX