RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Looking to see what one item you can't hit the road without. No matter the weight or space it takes up you have to have it. For me i have to have my folding rocking chair. Its bulky but I'll strap it to the hood if i have to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: John D.

Ditch

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New Park, Pennsylvania
Member #

Since this is under the "CAMP Q&A" section, I am leaning towards an item for that area, but is also used as a part of my daily carry.
It's very hard to pick just 'one' item, but a good sharp solid fixed blade would be my choice.

(Being female, it's not as easy to keep it hidden in all my attire, but that's when I may have to depend on a small folder. Don't always have a choice either, so in the event I am in a facility that does not permit any weapons, like government buildings, I will keep one as close as possible, like a plastic credit card blade that will at least cut material or thin leather, etc.)

The uses of a good knife are limitless.

Reactions: RickLB and Graeman

SiDbaru

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

California
Member #

my backpack that has my "EDC" items as they call it. (this if if i am under 15 miles from home, like work and what not)
It consist of the items that are hard, if not impossible, to recreate in the bush without immense effort and resources.
besides the basic phone, keys, wallet and pocket knife
-large fixed blade
-bic lighter
-first aid
-small tool kit
-multi tool
-water
-personal hygiene
-bandanna
-flashlight
-headlamp
-whistle
-sun protection. ie hat and clothing

of course the .40 or the 12ga are never too far out of reach

Dave Canterbury from self reliance outfitters has what he calls the ten C's of survival, which i grew up know as the ten essentials.
I like Dave's mentality when it comes to such topics. check out his youtube channel if you haven't already. He is on another level than most. I do not carry all ten essentials every single day. Anything further than 15 miles and I bring the go bag. That has all ten C's with some redundancies, 2 is 1 and 1 is none they say.

Reactions: Horse Soldier