Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Very cool, my family and I are heading towards White Sands on Monday from Boulder, CO. Do you know if there is any place to park and camp?

Reactions: Ara Gureghian

Ara Gureghian

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Alamogordo, New Mexico
Member #

Very cool, my family and I are heading towards White Sands on Monday from Boulder, CO. Do you know if there is any place to park and camp?
Check Oliver Lee State Park not too far. I am not keen on campgrounds but this one is pretty nice and you won't be far from it. We live 19 miles from White Sands. Let me if you need anything when here. And yes, Cloudcroft and the hundreds of miles of unpaved roads are Heaven at 9000 only 15 miles away. "Mad Jack" has the greatest BBQ up there.
Stay well, Ara and Spirit

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Check Oliver Lee State Park not too far. I am not keen on campgrounds but this one is pretty nice and you won't be far from it. We live 19 miles from White Sands. Let me if you need anything when here. And yes, Cloudcroft and the hundreds of miles of unpaved roads are Heaven at 9000 only 15 miles away. "Mad Jack" has the greatest BBQ up there.
Stay well, Ara and Spirit
I appreciate your post but absolutely back in Texas at the moment

Reactions: Ara Gureghian

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
This was our first time here. The kids loved it but man that sand is blinding.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Great pic! I'm taking the kids out there in mid March. First time and looking forward to it.

- Tyler

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Do any of you have suggestions for must see/do things at White Sands?

- Tyler