Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Are their any other winch manufactures closer to Amsterdam? If you have a warranty issue down the road shipping back and forth and wait time could be a real pain .

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Go with the warn, great tech support and parts are easy to order. I tire to navigate the 4x4 Europe and got a headache. I have 8 warn winches and a 9 to a 9.5 might be all you need. Hope this helps.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I along with a lot of others trust Superwinch. Warn does have great name-brand recognition and an excellent support staff. Superwinch has the same and provides the same for several hundred dollars less than Warn. I very rarely consider price point when purchasing camping, expedition or recovery gear. I simply want what I have purchased to work well when I need it to work. However, I've never seen any sense in overpaying for anything simply because of the brand name. Some would argue that Warn has a long history of building excellent winches. They do but so does Superwinch, Come-up and Ramsey.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I along with a lot of others trust Superwinch. Warn does have great name-brand recognition and an excellent support staff. Superwinch has the same and provides the same for several hundred dollars less than Warn. I very rarely consider price point when purchasing camping, expedition or recovery gear. I simply want what I have purchased to work well when I need it to work. However, I've never seen any sense in overpaying for anything simply because of the brand name. Some would argue that Warn has a long history of building excellent winches. They do but so does Superwinch, Come-up and Ramsey.
It is a personal experience with superwinch, many years ago when rock crawling vehicles were actually vehicles and not these 600 to 1000 horsepower rail jobs. I was sponsored by superwinch and we had a falling out of support and replacement of broken winch parts and winches as a hole. While still sponsored at the time I bought a warn and never look back. Like I said personal choice of my own, is super winch a good winch yes, will I buy one no. I will see if I can find a photo that was taken of my cj7 with the super winch stick and the warn winch on the front.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thanks for the heads up boys . The local store is a superwinch dealer and gave my a really good deal on de superwinch exp 12.000 lbs. So I got one.
It was a struggle to fit the winch. Had to remake the standard bumper because the size . But it's in now. ;)
Nice install, nice G wag. Like I said it is a good winch. Have fun out there.

Reactions: JeepWave

Wanderer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carlsb CA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Jeffery
Member #

you know like you said itis kinda personal experience I ahd a warn bumper and th e powder coating just flat peeled off Contacte warn and got nothing but a run around. I finally gave up and stipeed and just painted it may self. Now time to buy a winch for my new JLU ribicon and warn is not getting any consideration.. Only super winch and comeup. So of th e2 the super inch 10k exp and the Comeup 9500 gen 2 does anyone have any thoughts? I am leaning towrds super winch but not sure if it willfit the JL factory steel bumper. any thoughts?

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

you know like you said itis kinda personal experience I ahd a warn bumper and th e powder coating just flat peeled off Contacte warn and got nothing but a run around. I finally gave up and stipeed and just painted it may self. Now time to buy a winch for my new JLU ribicon and warn is not getting any consideration.. Only super winch and comeup. So of th e2 the super inch 10k exp and the Comeup 9500 gen 2 does anyone have any thoughts? I am leaning towrds super winch but not sure if it willfit the JL factory steel bumper. any thoughts?
From Carlsbad to 4 wheel parts is about 45 minutes. Tell them what bumper you have and pick there Brian for knowledge and what is best for you and your wallet. Have fun.

S

SubeeBen

I have a tuffstuff 10.5 k lb with synthetic line think I got on sale for $ 300 or $ 350 & works amazing just my 2 cents

Reactions: SoCalFJZ80
S

SubeeBen

I had my eye on the 12k version of that for the FJZ80
Their products are reasonably priced you just have to watch certain items. I just removed the winch plate/mount after 1 year welds were rusting among other fitting issues. Just got a new bumper with built in winch plate & good to go. But for the most part a lot of their gear is competive with the market but you can save some $ for other gear.

Wanderer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carlsb CA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Jeffery
Member #

I see quadratech has just come out with a new water proof ipf67 that looks pretty sweet at 499 any thoughts on this one

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

My o3 Rubicon has a warn 10k, my f350 has twin 10ks on the front and a 15k on the back, all are warn. I have trusted warn for 27 yrs to get unstuck and on my way.