Which beach in North Scotland is going to take my breath away?

• HTML tutorial

SerfDigital Overlanding

Rank IV

Traveler III

Horwich, Bolton, United Kingdom
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Allmark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2E0HLG
Hi, I’m looking for a beach wild camp site that’s going to blow my socks off.

I get to travel around Scotland with work so can sneak a days break here and there. I’m in Scotland in two weeks and was looking for to plan a night and day RnR.

Catch is I’m going to have to use the company car which being a hybrid struggles with speed bumps, so off roading is very much out the equation.

Any ideas?

WoodcockFamilyOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Shropshire, UK
First Name
Daryll
Last Name
Woodcock
Member #

Hi, I’m looking for a beach wild camp site that’s going to blow my socks off.

I get to travel around Scotland with work so can sneak a days break here and there. I’m in Scotland in two weeks and was looking for to plan a night and day RnR.

Catch is I’m going to have to use the company car which being a hybrid struggles with speed bumps, so off roading is very much out the equation.

Any ideas?
ceannabeinne beach right on the north coast was a good one for us!

Scarab

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
Perhaps not a particular beach in itself but I highly recommend going a little bit toward the lesser traveled and doing the South West of Scotland.

The bay around Loch Ryan at Stranraer is excellent, indeed the whole drive up that coast to Ayr is very much underappreciated in my eyes. Start yourself at Kilintringan Beach down by Port Patrick which is very remote but if you catch it on a good day the shore life and views can be stunning.

I have a local friend who is a guide that recommends:
Sand Head
Larbrax
Ardwell Bay
Lady Bay
and Port Logan.

Larbrax is particularly beautiful if you can get there on a calm evening and catch a sunset.

Alex

Sunshine4x4Overland

Rank I

Contributor I

North Wales, UK
First Name
Lauren
Last Name
Eaton
Member #

I might be too late looking at the date of your post, but I can recommend a few.

If you're looking for views then head for Tokavaig on Skye, it's quiet compared to the rest of the island, has plenty of space to camp, a castle ruins, and has stunning views of the Cullins mountains (see sunset pic and others with moutains). There is a burn too for fresh water. It's a rocky beach.

Clashnessie beach is a beautiful sandy beach, it also has a river running into it, and a waterfall nearby.

Achilitubuie is a rocky beach that has stunning views over the Summer Isles and plenty of camping space (pic from inside my rig with feet lol).

Achmelvich has beautiful white sands but tends to get busy.

Sango Bay is stunning, as is Morar (last pic), Balnakeil, and Redpoint North near Gairloch. I spent months travelling around Scotland and the islands, I only meant to stay 3 weeks and came back 9 months later, it's my favorite place on the planet and there are too many stunning places to mention!

Attachments

SerfDigital Overlanding

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Allmark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2E0HLG
I might be too late looking at the date of your post, but I can recommend a few.

If you're looking for views then head for Tokavaig on Skye, it's quiet compared to the rest of the island, has plenty of space to camp, a castle ruins, and has stunning views of the Cullins mountains (see sunset pic and others with moutains). There is a burn too for fresh water. It's a rocky beach.

Clashnessie beach is a beautiful sandy beach, it also has a river running into it, and a waterfall nearby.

Achilitubuie is a rocky beach that has stunning views over the Summer Isles and plenty of camping space (pic from inside my rig with feet lol).

Achmelvich has beautiful white sands but tends to get busy.

Sango Bay is stunning, as is Morar (last pic), Balnakeil, and Redpoint North near Gairloch. I spent months travelling around Scotland and the islands, I only meant to stay 3 weeks and came back 9 months later, it's my favorite place on the planet and there are too many stunning places to mention!
Thank you, plans went skew as my father was taken into hospital. All okay no so getting back on track. I’m adding everything into gear in explore so I don’t forget.

Again thank you

SerfDigital Overlanding

Rank IV

Traveler III

First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Allmark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2E0HLG
Perhaps not a particular beach in itself but I highly recommend going a little bit toward the lesser traveled and doing the South West of Scotland.

Thank you will add these to my list. Getting enough recommendations to start the “My500”
The bay around Loch Ryan at Stranraer is excellent, indeed the whole drive up that coast to Ayr is very much underappreciated in my eyes. Start yourself at Kilintringan Beach down by Port Patrick which is very remote but if you catch it on a good day the shore life and views can be stunning.

I have a local friend who is a guide that recommends:
Sand Head
Larbrax
Ardwell Bay
Lady Bay
and Port Logan.

Larbrax is particularly beautiful if you can get there on a calm evening and catch a sunset.

Alex