Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Just a few things I learned at my first ever OB event.....No particular order.

1) @Brien is a great guy who took a couple of us newbys under his wing and ensured we had a great time, didn't get lost and IMO a great representative of the OB community. Bravo!
2) @Michael and @Corrie really love us all and work harder than most will ever know. Never once was there not a smile and time made to make you feel special. I want to volunteer for anything they are attached to, keep me in mind for the future!
3) OB is full of great members, not one single grumpy attitude or scowl or bad feelings was encountered during the whole event, meet so many people, I know I want to see again and again at events or runs or you name it. Everyone willing to share what and how they did to their rigs, camps, kids you name it, they all shared...I might be looking at what someone did to a Toyota but in my mind I am applying it to my Jeep Liberty, all good stuff!
4) Great food and fellowship!
5) I really should have joined OB earlier!
6) If your busy talking and not paying attention, you will miss every class and training that was held, I was real good at finding out after a class...But next year I will be attending!
7) I seen first hand the core principles of OB in the wild, in action. WOW!
8) Toyota's are awesome! I had no idea just how awesome they can be.
9) I can not wait till the next OB anything! Getting our region active and knowing each other should be a priority to us all!
10) I sure wish Michael and Corrie were my parents, not to be weird but think how great it would be to be raised in an OB rich environment and with parents who do so much for others (That is you and me and all of us) that they are raising the next generation of OB ers......Hope this is not weird. sorry I know what I mean to say.LOL Hey can I call you mom and dad? LOL!!!!

Thank you for letting me come along OB community!

Jim

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Great pic Brien thanks!

Jim

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Just a few things I learned at my first ever OB event.....No particular order.

1) @Brien is a great guy who took a couple of us newbys under his wing and ensured we had a great time, didn't get lost and IMO a great representative of the OB community. Bravo!
2) @Michael and @Corrie really love us all and work harder than most will ever know. Never once was there not a smile and time made to make you feel special. I want to volunteer for anything they are attached to, keep me in mind for the future!
3) OB is full of great members, not one single grumpy attitude or scowl or bad feelings was encountered during the whole event, meet so many people, I know I want to see again and again at events or runs or you name it. Everyone willing to share what and how they did to their rigs, camps, kids you name it, they all shared...I might be looking at what someone did to a Toyota but in my mind I am applying it to my Jeep Liberty, all good stuff!
4) Great food and fellowship!
5) I really should have joined OB earlier!
6) If your busy talking and not paying attention, you will miss every class and training that was held, I was real good at finding out after a class...But next year I will be attending!
7) I seen first hand the core principles of OB in the wild, in action. WOW!
8) Toyota's are awesome! I had no idea just how awesome they can be.
9) I can not wait till the next OB anything! Getting our region active and knowing each other should be a priority to us all!
10) I sure wish Michael and Corrie were my parents, not to be weird but think how great it would be to be raised in an OB rich environment and with parents who do so much for others (That is you and me and all of us) that they are raising the next generation of OB ers......Hope this is not weird. sorry I know what I mean to say.LOL Hey can I call you mom and dad? LOL!!!!

Thank you for letting me come along OB community!

Jim
You nailed it with your assessment! You are so very right about all your points, and things are really growing very rapidly that there is sure to be many, many opportunities for you to be adopted by @Michael or @Corrie - I am sure they can put your to work on product fulfillment or daily chores that I am sure they need to catch up on! Glad you enjoyed the event.. I am pretty sure nearly all, if not all, of the members who attended feel similar to you!

Reactions: Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I sure want to go on another rally!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
You nailed it with your assessment! You are so very right about all your points, and things are really growing very rapidly that there is sure to be many, many opportunities for you to be adopted by @Michael or @Corrie - I am sure they can put your to work on product fulfillment or daily chores that I am sure they need to catch up on! Glad you enjoyed the event.. I am pretty sure nearly all, if not all, of the members who attended feel similar to you!

Thanks Gonna ask them...

Jim

johnO

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Portland, OR
First Name
John
Last Name
Olivier
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BXG
Just joined and looking forward to future rallys. Thanks for the insight and pics! Going to try to hit the PNW rally in June 2019.

John

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Just joined and looking forward to future rallys. Thanks for the insight and pics! Going to try to hit the PNW rally in June 2019.

John
Welcome to the family John....You definitely don't want to miss NWOR. Went last year and had a blast. Plan on going again next year for sure. Plenty of our members go and enjoy it.

Reactions: Derbydude