First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
My Post.png

In recent weeks we have had a few discussions amongst the Representatives and some members around the idea of having our very own Overland Show next year in 2022.

The idea has got some merit and garnered positive responses from members who have heard about the possibility. So if there is the interest from enough members we are looking to plan an event.

In order to encourage as much participation as possible we would be looking to hold the event somewhere in Northern England. This gives a more central location and allows for members in the south and north to attend more easily. Dates will need to be discussed and agreed and a suitable location found. Plus costs will need to be looked and and decisions made on ticket sales. I would also suggest any profit made by the event be used to support Veterans In Action who use overlanding to help and support veterans.

With so many members running different vehicles with different set ups this would prove a great opportunity for anyone in the early stages to come, see the set ups in use with real time experience of how the different styles and ideas perform. Also look at the various kit options, stoves, tools, storage ideas etc.

Members who have experience and or relevant skills could be encouraged to run workshops or give talks on overlanding subjects. And of course there is the social aspect of getting as many members together as possible hopefully leading to more participation engagement in other OB activities. This would like all OB events be a family friendly event.

So this is a chance to show interest and offer any suggestions or expertise that you can offer to get this set up. If we have enough interest it may be possible to encourage some suppliers to attend and support the event.
I know Lee Quince has some experience doing this type of thing so hope he will be able to help and advise.

So now is your chance to have your say.

ZXAndy

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wolverhampton
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

View attachment 217401

In recent weeks we have had a few discussions amongst the Representatives and some members around the idea of having our very own Overland Show next year in 2022.

The idea has got some merit and garnered positive responses from members who have heard about the possibility. So if there is the interest from enough members we are looking to plan an event.

In order to encourage as much participation as possible we would be looking to hold the event somewhere in Northern England. This gives a more central location and allows for members in the south and north to attend more easily. Dates will need to be discussed and agreed and a suitable location found. Plus costs will need to be looked and and decisions made on ticket sales. I would also suggest any profit made by the event be used to support Veterans In Action who use overlanding to help and support veterans.

With so many members running different vehicles with different set ups this would prove a great opportunity for anyone in the early stages to come, see the set ups in use with real time experience of how the different styles and ideas perform. Also look at the various kit options, stoves, tools, storage ideas etc.

Members who have experience and or relevant skills could be encouraged to run workshops or give talks on overlanding subjects. And of course there is the social aspect of getting as many members together as possible hopefully leading to more participation engagement in other OB activities. This would like all OB events be a family friendly event.

So this is a chance to show interest and offer any suggestions or expertise that you can offer to get this set up. If we have enough interest it may be possible to encourage some suppliers to attend and support the event.
I know Lee Quince has some experience doing this type of thing so hope he will be able to help and advise.

So now is your chance to have your say.
I am definitely up for this, I'm not really sure how I can contribute yet, but I'll be happy to help as and where I can.
What size venue do you have in mind?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
That is a great idea. Like it. I also like the basic concept that you have thought up. Bringing people together who are interested in the topic is great! I also particularly like the idea of donating any profits. Great.

I know from personal experience, since I myself have organized and co-organized many small and large meetings, how much work that is, if you do it professionally. But it is super nice when you see the success, the good conversations etc. So I can only encourage to do it! It will be a great event, I'm sure! If I can contribute something and it fits organizationally and time-wise (and hoping that traveling to the UK will be easier again next year), I'm happy to do that too, e.g. a workshop or a picture show or simply help on site or exchange ideas when needed.

I am curious about the further planning and ideas here.

Bjoern

Reactions: caspoint220