Went for a little solo cruise today, breaking rule #1.

• HTML tutorial

Sholuck87

Rank II

Pathfinder II

Lakeland, FL, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Wilkins
I was born and raised in central Florida and spen a lot of time out in Green Swamp with my dad hunting. I decided today to take out my little project for some baseline trials and to, as a photographer, spot photo shoot spots.
Well, as you can see from the pictures, I got a little carried away. I was out there alone, stuck, with no phone signal, and i didnt tell anyone where i was going. Ok, so i broke all the rules, lol. Good thing is, that even though i was out there, basically sunk, I was fine, i had plenty of light. I managed to get out after an hour or so of scooping, shaving ledges, and wiggling my car to an angle i could get a better run in reverse and bounce myself out of that pit of literal goo. lol. I had a good time, but now i know the absolute limits for my stock 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4. Im proud of my little Fiat/Jeep. So parts on my list, a Lift probably 2.5 inches or 3, tires Faulken Wildpeak, and a winch bumper and winch, and under side protection/ skid plates.

here is a short video from the trail on the other side of the main road that i was turned back on pretty early. . WARNING LOUD MUSIC, IM SORRY

Attachments

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Sholuck87 Congratulations, now you see why there are rules! :P

Nothing like a solo outing to put your truck through its paces. Some times it's a test of self-sufficiency as well, which is not a bad thing. But it's better if you bring a pal whose help you don't need!

Sholuck87

Rank II

Pathfinder II

Lakeland, FL, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Wilkins
I don't think you broke any rules. I get you about every other month for 10 to 15 days, 90% solo. I have been stuck for days digging myself out, all part of it. I am glad you made it back safe.
yeah, luckly i was only stuck for around an hour. just a matter of scooping and shaving ground in the right spot. thank you. i am glad i didnt have to walk home.

Reactions: MazeVX

Sholuck87

Rank II

Pathfinder II

Lakeland, FL, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Wilkins
@Sholuck87 Congratulations, now you see why there are rules! :P

Nothing like a solo outing to put your truck through its paces. Some times it's a test of self-sufficiency as well, which is not a bad thing. But it's better if you bring a pal whose help you don't need!
i completley agree. i was out looking for new trails and photoshoot locations while getting a baseline of what my little stock Renegade could do. she passed the test, now the shopping starts. lol

Sholuck87

Rank II

Pathfinder II

Lakeland, FL, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Wilkins
also, i apologize for the vertical video, i hate myself for uploading such garbage lol. next video should be much better and more in my range of acceptable.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Vertical video syndrome is the only hard rule you broke...
Some recovery boards may have reduced the time to 5 minutes in this case ;-)

Reactions: Sholuck87

Sholuck87

Rank II

Pathfinder II

Lakeland, FL, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Wilkins
Vertical video syndrome is the only hard rule you broke...
Some recovery boards may have reduced the time to 5 minutes in this case ;-)
I wish i had a set of recovery boards. Definitely on my list.

Also, vertical video syndrom has been cured by a dope ass selfie stick, and soon a gimbal for my phone.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Some traction boards and good shovel will do nicely, before breaking the bank with lift, winch etc..

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

No rules broken. Most of my trips are solo. Self recovery is something everyone should know how to to, as well as what the limit of their vehicle is. I've been Wheeling and exploring the woods for a long time and finding ways to get unstuck is half the fun! Lol. It comes in handy even when not on offroad trips sometimes.

Reactions: leeloo

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

"Live and learn" right? You lived, and clearly you learned. Good for you for not being too embarrassed to admit it, and glad to hear the consequences weren't dire. If you go out solo, IMHO it's worth having self-recovery capability (generally that means a winch, but a come along can do the job, albeit much more slowly and a ton more work) and sat-comms. These days something like an inReach is cheap 'nough, and the basic monthly service is about what most people pay for streaming movies and whatnot, I just think we should all carry them.

-TJ

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland