Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Hello all, my family of 6 has relocated to Spring Lake, NC! We've actually been here for about 18 months but between field time and deployments we haven't been able to travel much. The family rig is a 200 series LC and I drive a 5th gen T4R. For family trips we have a patriot camper and hope to take a few trips this year before the summer time.

Are there any OB meets in the coming months?

Thanks,
-Chris

502F7D83-E5E8-4B77-88BA-0BD90D3AA7DD.jpg

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Hi; and welcome to wonderful Spring Lake! I've been looking through forum but not finding anything about meet ups. Hopefully some things will pull together. Nice looking ride. Mine is a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2WD with a RTT on a bed rack. I met some guys a little north of us that do some trails in Uwharrie Nat'l Forest but have not been out with them yet. I would not mind a regular meet up somewhere near there if possible. Only about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from us.

Reactions: DocTorres112

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Hi; and welcome to wonderful Spring Lake! I've been looking through forum but not finding anything about meet ups. Hopefully some things will pull together. Nice looking ride. Mine is a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 2WD with a RTT on a bed rack. I met some guys a little north of us that do some trails in Uwharrie Nat'l Forest but have not been out with them yet. I would not mind a regular meet up somewhere near there if possible. Only about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from us.
Thanks! I'm in Anderson Creek Club, you? I took part in a group ride through LFD off road. It was a paid ride but the trails were nice and we had dedicated spotters. I've got a full size family (4 kiddos), you?

-Chris

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

I am out off Elliott Bridge Road (in Harnett County). My three daughters are all grown and married so it's pretty much just me.

There is a monthly meet-up in Mt Airy on the first Saturday of each month. I am planning on going to that on 7 March. Actually I am planning to go out that way and camp a couple of nights, hitting the Mt Airy meet-up then head on up to catch the Roanoke VA meet-up on Sunday, 8 March. Bit of a ways to drive but I'm retires so time isn't too big of an issue for me.

I also tossed out a Rally Point for a meet-up at the Blue, Brew & Que Festival in Kenansville NC on Saturday, 28 March. I went last year with my oldest daughter and granddaughter; it was a pretty decent event, good BBQ and the music was pretty good too. Intent was to expose the granddaughter to a little different type of music. Still not sure how well received that was. They have food trucks there too if BBQ isn't on the menu.

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

Hello all, my family of 6 has relocated to Spring Lake, NC! We've actually been here for about 18 months but between field time and deployments we haven't been able to travel much. The family rig is a 200 series LC and I drive a 5th gen T4R. For family trips we have a patriot camper and hope to take a few trips this year before the summer time.

Are there any OB meets in the coming months?

Thanks,
-Chris

View attachment 136162
Hey Chris,
I think we live a few houses down from you in ACC. I have a dark gray jeep gladiator and might have followed you in the knox gate on or two mornings. But maybe not.

Reactions: DocTorres112

DocTorres112

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Torres
Member #

Hey Chris,
I think we live a few houses down from you in ACC. I have a dark gray jeep gladiator and might have followed you in the knox gate on or two mornings. But maybe not.
Right on! Very cool another OB member is in ACC. Let's grab a drink sometime.

-Chris

Pubtramp

Rank I

Enthusiast I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Sherman
Hello! This is the most recent thread about NC so I thought I would just post here instead of starting a whole new one! I am new to the forum and am looking to get the family into overloading as a way to spend more time together and see more of our great state and country. We are a family of four with two pups, 22 chickens and a snake. We live in the Fort Bragg area and I sell beer for a living! I would love at some point to meet up with some of the other members in the area when life gets back to "normal". Hope y'all have a great day!

jasonjill567

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Hello! This is the most recent thread about NC so I thought I would just post here instead of starting a whole new one! I am new to the forum and am looking to get the family into overloading as a way to spend more time together and see more of our great state and country. We are a family of four with two pups, 22 chickens and a snake. We live in the Fort Bragg area and I sell beer for a living! I would love at some point to meet up with some of the other members in the area when life gets back to "normal". Hope y'all have a great day!
What's happening Pubtramp? Small world... I drink beer for a living, lol. Not sure much is going on right now with the pandemic & all... we are in Charlotte.

Reactions: Pubtramp

m&m_overlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cherokee, NC, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Martens
Member #

Yo! Welcome. I grew up on Pope AFB. Live in Western NC now a days. What kind of beer do you sell? Domestic or craft? A beer selling friend is always a kind of friend to have haha

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Welcome to NC. We moved out here from
California in 2003. The only regret is that we didn’t move earlier. We live in Wilmington.

Pubtramp

Rank I

Enthusiast I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Sherman
Yo! Welcome. I grew up on Pope AFB. Live in Western NC now a days. What kind of beer do you sell? Domestic or craft? A beer selling friend is always a kind of friend to have haha
I work for a local craft brewery. Southern Pines Brewing Company! We are best known for our Man Of Law IPA. We are working on our presence in the western part of the state this year but you all have such great local brews it will take some time!

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I work for a local craft brewery. Southern Pines Brewing Company! We are best known for our Man Of Law IPA. We are working on our presence in the western part of the state this year but you all have such great local brews it will take some time!
Definitely heard of southern pines brewing. Closest one I've been to though down there I think is railhouse brewing. Great place also.

Reactions: DWL

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

I am completely failing on reading this thread recently. My wife and I enjoy just about everything from southern pines brewery and the bar and vib there is always great, add in a food truck and some music on the weekend with our baby and pups in tow and it’s hard to beat. When it’s out the breakfast stout is my favorite and my wife loves the vitaminSea.
how do we set up a bear/ overland trip?

Reactions: Maverick9110E

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I am completely failing on reading this thread recently. My wife and I enjoy just about everything from southern pines brewery and the bar and vib there is always great, add in a food truck and some music on the weekend with our baby and pups in tow and it’s hard to beat. When it’s out the breakfast stout is my favorite and my wife loves the vitaminSea.
how do we set up a bear/ overland trip?
If your up for a ride I have some local overlanders meeting up in Raleigh tonight at Gizmo Brewing from 5-8pm. I'll have the wife and little ones as well.

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

If your up for a ride I have some local overlanders meeting up in Raleigh tonight at Gizmo Brewing from 5-8pm. I'll have the wife and little ones as well.
I wish, my little man is 11 months and if he isn’t in bed by 7 there is hell to pay for all. What thread is that meet up listed in, I would like to hit other ones.

amenges45

Rank II

Enthusiast III

clayton north carolina
First Name
Ash
Last Name
Menges
Love your beer....very happy to see it at the local Harris Teeter, but love coming there to the brewery to meet with my comrades. Keep up the good work

Reactions: DWL