Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

This might be a short thread but thought I'd share a product we were given for washing clothes (smaller items only) whilst travelling and find out what others use, if anything?!

We've used this product when camping a few times.

https://thescrubba.com/

Like I said it's only for small stuff but works well enough. Obviously it's not good if you can't dry the stuff afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

That's a pretty cool product. I'd be interested in how it works out for you. You'd need to be near a fresh water source to use it effectively though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

That's a pretty cool product. I'd be interested in how it works out for you. You'd need to be near a fresh water source to use it effectively though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Not used it a lot but works well enough. You don't need a huge amount of water because of the way it's designed but yes you probably don't want to fill it up from a muddy river! Certainly saves all the mess of using a sink or a bowl and makes more efficient use of the water because it's so contained.

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

, Cornwall PL17 , United Kingdom
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

When we were on deployment we put our clothes in a sealable container with water and washing soap and put it in the back of the rovers. The movement from the vehicle washing the clothes we then took them out and dried them. No fuss clothes washing.

Reactions: Tim

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Just reminded me of a funny story. When we were down in the Falkland Islands this nearly every night this one guy would walk fully dressed into the shower and proceed to have a full wash then he would walk out of the shower still clothed straight into the drying room were he would strip of hang his clothes. That was his way of washing clothes.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Just reminded me of a funny story. When we were down in the Falkland Islands this nearly every night this one guy would walk fully dressed into the shower and proceed to have a full wash then he would walk out of the shower still clothed straight into the drying room were he would strip of hang his clothes. That was his way of washing clothes.
Haha, love it. Guess that one doesn't work so well if you are washing a weeks worth of clothes and half of them belong to the missus!

Roger352

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Roger
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Haha, love it. Guess that one doesn't work so well if you are washing a weeks worth of clothes and half of them belong to the missus!

You could always go in 2 or 3 times, not sure about wearing the wife's you may get a few funny looks in the showers if you did

Reactions: Cmpkng and Tim