Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
I haven't done any in the Wasatch Mtns myself. No reason for it, just haven't been out that way. I like hitting the West Desert areas myself and exploring the mines, etc. I have gone through American Fork Canyon, but found it too busy for me.

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

I'd be down to go exploring with a small group sometime. I've been up Farmington Canyon and behind Francis Peak a couple times.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

You just missed a nice ride with some of the guys in the area. Look out for postings on upcoming rides. We have lots of summer time to get out. I'm already planning an overnighter soon in the area.

Russell Peters

bivouac.overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Syracuse, UT, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'd be up for an overnighter in the upcoming months. If someone wants to plan it as I'd have no clue on where to go around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russell Peters

4x4_gump.619

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Utah
Member #

I'd be up for an overnighter in the upcoming months. If someone wants to plan it as I'd have no clue on where to go around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll see what I can dig up. Probably too hot for my blood to camp at the moment...

Russell Peters

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Orem, Ut
Member #

I'm planning on somewhere cooler. More of an evening ride the first day and a morning ride the next. Trying to stay out of the heat.

Russell Peters

Reactions: 4x4_gump.619

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

I was on Skyline Drive last week. It was spectacular.

American Fork Canyon, up past Tibble Fork Reservoir, is nice. It can be crowded and dusty, but just keep going and you get pretty high and clear. The road up to Forest Lake is pretty - but you'll want a rig that will clear some good sized rocks (14-16").

Five Mile Pass is good for starting out with desert driving, and has some moderately technical stuff, too.

Lots of places to go, I guess.

Trowbocop

Rank III

Advocate II

Check out Mirror Lake Hwy- tons of cool trails, free camping and beautiful lakes. If you backpack- it's fun too, there are a ton of unnamed lakes to hike into and fish at.

Ron W.

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Herriman, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRQT933
Service Branch
US Navy
Check out Mirror Lake Hwy- tons of cool trails, free camping and beautiful lakes. If you backpack- it's fun too, there are a ton of unnamed lakes to hike into and fish at.
Where is Mirror Lake Hwy?