Richmond, Va
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Nunya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB2JLG
So, I've been planning a trip out to Utah to do some overlanding through Moab and a few of the National Parks. Since I'm cutting through Colorado to get to Moab, I figured I'd spend the most possible time off road as I can and have been looking at taking the Kokopelli Trail from Colorado to Moab. I looked at the Dolores Triangle route, but there are several river fordings on that trail and with the unpredictability of weather, I'd hate to backtrack 2 days if the river is impassable. I hate to make a run like that solo, so, anyone up for a trail run? After Moab, I plan on hitting Shafer Canyon, then overlanding to Capitol Reef, then down to Escalante. If anyone is free the first two weeks of May and interested in going on any part of those runs, let me know!

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
The Delores River crossing will NOT be passable in early May, Kokopelli may be wet too, hard to say as our winter has been so odd.

JKHiredGun

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Richmond, Va
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Nunya
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB2JLG
Thanks for the info in re the river. I'm operating on secondhand stories from those who have been out there in the past. I assumed that spring and rivers is never a good combination. No kidding about this winter, I've put more miles on my Road Glide this winter than all of last spring.