Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
I don't want to knock folks that love to spend $40k in adds to their vehicle, but I'm a bit more cost-conscious and am willing to put some sweat equity into the mods I put on my 2018 Chevy Silverado.

That being said, my immediate area absolutely is horrible for finding salvage parts...just incredibly bad.

My goal is to keep tabs on some good salvage yards hoping that a vehicle comes in with a usable front or rear bumper that might need recon'd, rack accessories, and stuff like that.

Anyone have recommendations? I'm ok with anywhere in our region, but closer to Houston is better...but heck, for a deal I will drive or combine it with a trip.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Iwata77

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

I don't want to knock folks that love to spend $40k in adds to their vehicle, but I'm a bit more cost-conscious and am willing to put some sweat equity into the mods I put on my 2018 Chevy Silverado.

That being said, my immediate area absolutely is horrible for finding salvage parts...just incredibly bad.

My goal is to keep tabs on some good salvage yards hoping that a vehicle comes in with a usable front or rear bumper that might need recon'd, rack accessories, and stuff like that.

Anyone have recommendations? I'm ok with anywhere in our region, but closer to Houston is better...but heck, for a deal I will drive or combine it with a trip.

Thanks in advance.
I’ve found a few deals on Facebook marketplace.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Thanks in advance.
Huston has a plethora of salvage yards... I’m on another forum where a guy is in almost daily posting his salvage yard finds all writhing 30 minute drive from his apartment near downtown Huston.

You might try searching for “Pick-N-Pull” also check out

Reactions: Sparksalot

Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
I will have to find out more about this Houston guy.

PnP doesn't have anything within 150 miles.

And Hollander is fine, except I want to look for aftermarket parts....they don't easily handle those on their website.

I'm looking to stake out some places and look for bumpers and rack parts, stuff like that...not standard OEM parts.

....the search continues....