SKMayers

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
mayers
I bought this tent used and for the life of me I can’t figure out what the purpose of this silly strap is. Can anyone help me out. It connects on the drivers side and doesnt have a way to connect nor is it long enough to connect to anything on the other side of the tent bodyIMG_0284.jpegIMG_0283.jpeg

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

I bought this tent used and for the life of me I can’t figure out what the purpose of this silly strap is. Can anyone help me out. It connects on the drivers side and doesnt have a way to connect nor is it long enough to connect to anything on the other side of the tent bodyView attachment 270512View attachment 270513
It's to assist with climbing the ladder, you have one either side for each hand it makes the transition from the ladder to the tent much safer, my wife uses it all the time as we have a lifted defender and the tent is 2.20m from the floor.

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

It goes inside. Should be one on each side so you have a hand hold for going up and down the ladder. I couldn't find any good pics, but you can see how the red strap is in my Smittlybilt.

1702858185133.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: paul87250