Chevyman29

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Alabama, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Rodgers
This is the first post with pics showing mine and my son's first attempt at building a truck topper for camping/overlanding.

It's still a work in progress so don't judge to harshly.

Attachments

Reactions: Mekcanix

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
This is the first post with pics showing mine and my son's first attempt at building a truck topper for camping/overlanding.

It's pretty sparse,but off to a great start! What are your overall plans with the build?

Chevyman29

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Alabama, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Rodgers
Well we still lack a lot of little things like rear spot lights front light bar, interior light and outlets.
It's wired but that's it.
Another window in the door.

But after the finishing up , next will be some way of mounting stuff like traction boards , gas tank, water tank , things of that nature to the sides.

A fold down cot inside, self , and I'm sure plenty of other stuff after we get more into it.

Chevyman29

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Alabama, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Rodgers
Ideally this rig will be a dedicated camping/ adventure vehicle. We're exploring the Talladega national forest this season. We are planning to tackle the Georgia traverse before it gets to hot this spring. So far we've stayed out 3 days and nights in the NF just driving and camping.

Attachments

Haggy

Rank VI

Influencer I

Medford, Oregon.
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Hagglund
Member #

Service Branch
Army Guard and USMC

Looks like it's coming together nicely.

AirbossWiley

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Holly, MI, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Wiley
Member #

Looks Good! Been Thinking About Going This Route As Well, Hard To Find A High Roof Cap Around Here, Let Alone For A Decent Price