Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Connecticut, USA
First Name
EdamdKim
Last Name
Simonz
Member #

The wife and I are doing our first long overland adventure to see family in VA. Will be passing through TN and the Smokey Mt areas for sure. Any ideas on great places to camp via RTT, especially with a terrific view along that area or along the general route traveling NE please let me know! Thank you advance for any tips, or advice, information on campsites, trails that should not be missed etc!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

fbledsoe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pikeville, TN, USA
First Name
Frederick
Last Name
Bledsoe
Member #

The wife and I are doing our first long overland adventure to see family in VA. Will be passing through TN and the Smokey Mt areas for sure. Any ideas on great places to camp via RTT, especially with a terrific view along that area or along the general route traveling NE please let me know! Thank you advance for any tips, or advice, information on campsites, trails that should not be missed etc!
Hello. I'm from Tn. I have camped in the forrest at free camp grounds (primative) while on bear & hog hunts. I found them by using an Atles & Gazetteer. It's a topographical map that shows forrest roads & camps among a lot of other info. They make them for most states. Safe travels & Merry Christmas

Reactions: TalonTheToyota

TalonTheToyota

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Connecticut, USA
First Name
EdamdKim
Last Name
Simonz
Member #

Hello. I'm from Tn. I have camped in the forrest at free camp grounds (primative) while on bear & hog hunts. I found them by using an Atles & Gazetteer. It's a topographical map that shows forrest roads & camps among a lot of other info. They make them for most states. Safe travels & Merry Christmas
Thank you! Merry Christmas!