Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

Saw a Couple posts about Trans coolers just they didn't go in depth much.
I am thinking about purchasing a Mishimoto Bar and Plate cooler. Would a Cross-Flow cooler be a single-pass type of cooler?
It seems to me that deciding between Stainless Steel or Alum Hard Line and Braided Stainless Steel is personal preference and how you have to plumb your rig.
Is there a benefit for one or the other when one includes the hard bashing us Overlanders and 4Wheelers do to our rigs ?
Now for fuel, my rig runs rubber around the engine and hard line fuel pump to tank. I was wanting to eliminate the 180 curve the rubber hose has with an easy 90 degree curve. I understand one wouldn't want to restrict fuel flow, I just want to simplify things. I will add pictures latter.
Is there a benefit here when one uses Braided line instead of Rubber hose?
Do any of you tend to have issues concerning vapor lock or similar heat issues affecting your fuel lines?

https://www.mishimoto.com/dual-pass-oil-cooler-large.html

That's all I have for now.

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

Talked to the Napa man and his opinion is that the Braided line is just for show and steel hard line is the best way to go.
Hydraulic fluid isn't bothered too much by tight 90 degree bends while for gasoline it is better to have a larger sweeping 90 degree bend.

Thoughts?

ohiowrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

I've used NiCu line from SURR, through NAPA. The wall thickness and quality is better than others I've used. On my jeep, for the fuel system, I'm using nylon tubing, wrapped too convoluted tubing shielded in heat resistant wrap. I abuse my jeep on a regular basis, with no failures, yet. I think either one would be a good choice, Ron.

Reactions: Buzzard13

Buzzard13

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesquite, NV, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Tressel
Member #

So here are pictures of my fuel lines. You can see the tight bends it is performing when is exits the frame and heads to the fuel pump.
Is there a reason behind the bends?

Fourth one is the rubber house between the fuel pump and the hard line going into the Carb. This I was wanting to either hard line or reconfigure it some other way, don't really know yet.
I don't have any fuel delivery issues I was just wanting to simplify somethings and possibly upgrade the durability of some components

The last one, while we are talking about hoses, is my power steering pump hoses. Why do they bend up like this? Should I reroute them when I go to replace them? Would upgrading to a stronger rubber or silicone hose here deliver a benefit?

0522181433a.jpg 0522181429f.jpg0522181428.jpg0522181434a.jpg0522181404a.jpg