Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
McW
Member #

Great build thread and the finished product looks awesome! Nice work.

You mentioned that your brakes were getting hot... Do you have an idea of how much the trailer weighs?

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Very cool, build. You wouldnt happen to have a finished weight for it would you? I have decided I will most likely go the trailer rout for many of the same reasons you did. I just want to see if its possible to build something like that and stay around 1500lbs as that is really all I would want to drag around with my rig.

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

Very cool, build. You wouldnt happen to have a finished weight for it would you? I have decided I will most likely go the trailer rout for many of the same reasons you did. I just want to see if its possible to build something like that and stay around 1500lbs as that is really all I would want to drag around with my rig.

Mine came in at just under 2000 lbs all loaded up. Not sure how I could shaved 500 lbs off of the build and still have it as capable as it is

twisty

Rank 0

Traveler I

I see you were the only one with a trailer, did you ever find yourself at a disadvantage in some of the terrains?

I just joined here and learning a lot but the biggest thing I KNOW is I will never be able to compete with any of your skill levels or more importantly the tools you have at your disposal. haha!

Great job!

Gravel Travel Canada

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Member #

I see you were the only one with a trailer, did you ever find yourself at a disadvantage in some of the terrains?

I just joined here and learning a lot but the biggest thing I KNOW is I will never be able to compete with any of your skill levels or more importantly the tools you have at your disposal. haha!

Great job!
No disadvantage. That being said I typically dont do trails that are difficult enough to have the trailer become a burden....if that makes sense?