Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm looking for a trail in the greater Mt. Rainier or Mt. Baker areas that are easy to navigate, has areas for nice views, and isn't overly long and/or has places to turn around. I have 4WD but I'm just looking for a small day trail to explore a little bit on. I've heard the Greenwater area has some decent trails that would work (one is posted on the OB1 app).

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

If you go to the "Overland Bound Routes: Downloadable" section of the forum and then filter by Northwest region there are a few in that area. I think I remember seeing one for Chinook Pass, Little Bald Mtn., Minors Ridge, and a couple other. I have one I posted there for Bethel Ridge that if dry is a pretty easy route with nice views.

What area of Washington are you coming from? There are also the Washington State Green Dot Roads that is a trail system put together by Fish and Game and BLM ( I think) that has 8 different regions around the state. The trails are pretty easy and passable in most stock 4x4's, maps are available from they're website and I think they even have an app with guidance capabilities.

AtlasBound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Washington
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Thanks. I took a look at some of the ones you recommended and looked up the Green Dot Roads and will have to pick some to explore. I was just looking for an easy day trail to check out that didn't require 4WD, even though I have it if needed.