Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Just got a set of xbull traction boards and they dont fully line up with my RCI mid high bed rack.
my questions are this.
1) will 1 set of screw mounts hold them securely going down the highway at speed? I understand they may wobble some in the wind and make some noise and drag.
2) other mounting options?

Thanks

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Just got a set of xbull traction boards and they dont fully line up with my RCI mid high bed rack.
my questions are this.
1) will 1 set of screw mounts hold them securely going down the highway at speed? I understand they may wobble some in the wind and make some noise and drag.
2) other mounting options?

Thanks
You could use the screw monts, and then straps on each side to hold it in place. My setuo uses the Yakima board mounts which is just a strap on each end, then I modified a hitch reciever pin so i could make a locking mechanism. it holds perfect at 80+.

Attachments

Reactions: Coreymol

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
1) will 1 set of screw mounts hold them securely going down the highway at speed?
Depends on the speed - if you're on forestry tracks at 80 km/h then octopus bands will hold them; if you're heading south on A35 at 220 km/h then probably not.

I see that a lot of people mount them vertically at the rear - check local regulations regarding hazardous protrusions if you do this.

Reactions: Coreymol

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
You could use the screw monts, and then straps on each side to hold it in place. My setuo uses the Yakima board mounts which is just a strap on each end, then I modified a hitch reciever pin so i could make a locking mechanism. it holds perfect at 80+.
Thanks!

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Depends on the speed - if you're on forestry tracks at 80 km/h then octopus bands will hold them; if you're heading south on A35 at 220 km/h then probably not.

I see that a lot of people mount them vertically at the rear - check local regulations regarding hazardous protrusions if you do this.
Thanks