Thank you Overland Bound for a great community

• HTML tutorial

SSG_Gonzo

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Paso Robles, California
Member #

I used to believe that I was just a trail rider, after doing some research and talking it over with my group we have discovered that there is a name for what we do, Overlanding. Discovering that there was a name for what we did and a rather large community that enjoyed the same thing opened up a door to a whole new world for us, and new opportunities to meet new people and discuss what we did and how to do it better. We joined Overland Bound because of what we saw and the videos we watched. As avid overlanders we enjoyed taking the trails, cleaning areas we stayed at and enjoying the wonderful beauty of nature.

It is kind of funny when you think about what an overlander really does for the environment. I once had a discussion with an environmentalist about how he believed that we destroyed the environment, I of course argued the fact that we did not destroy the environment and how we actually did more for the environment then he did. Eventually I changed his mind on the issue after discussing that we never made new trails but traveled pre-existing trails, we carried trasharoos therefore packing our trash and any other trash we came across out from the trail and disposed of it correctly.

In closing I wanted to thank you for what you do and I hope to meet more people that enjoy doing what I love to do. See you on the trail.

IMG_20160903_095342.jpg