Tepui Tents... 4 person tents opinions

• HTML tutorial

Big R

Rank I

Contributor III

Anchorage
Trying to decide on which 4 person tent to get for my trailer... the Kukeman 4 ruggedized... or the Autana 4 Ruggedized..

Anyone have either of these?

Thanks
Ryan

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
If its size you want for 4 real people....the Gran Sabana is the one you want.
You have to remember why tents are sized...they are sized to keep persons warm from the body heat generated. Those are small tents. Great for two people, but not if you want to move. Or are taller than 5’6” and larger than a Meduin shirt.
We owned a Siberian Camo Gran Sabana. King size bedding fit it..

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I have the Tepui Kukenam Ruggidized. It fits our needs. We have a family of 6, but my wife and daughter are not much for camping, so it's mainly me and the 3 boys. I upgraded to the deluxe mattress from Tepui, and it sleeps really nice.

GA Traveler

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Georgia
Member #

Big R, how tall are you? We have a CVT tent with a sleeping platform size of 72"X96." It is basically the same as the Ruggedized Autana 4. Since I am the tallest in our family of four at 5'9" we use the tent as 96" for the width and 72" for the height. This makes for comfortable sleeping of 2 adults and 2 kids. If you are taller than me this probably won't work and you would only be able to sleep 3 comfortably.

Reactions: BeardedYinzer

explorer0863

Rank I

Contributor III

I have the Tepui Gran Savannah. They still make it, but they changed the name to something else. The opened sized is 6’ x 8’. There is a lot of room and after many nights of use, it’s still looks and performs great. The annex was included. Highly recommended.4DC466FA-E6B7-4D2C-B5F6-709B69008F6D.jpeg