Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I carry a skottle and a cadac safari chef single burner. The cadacs is pretty much only used to heat water for coffee and the Skottle used for any and all cooking. I have a dodge ram 2500 with an 8 foot bed so I usually bring 2 of the 20 lb propane tanks and an adapter hose for the cooking items. The hose also works for running my Mr heater tent heater so it's multi purpose and I don't have to carry the small tanks. I would say if I was starting over I would just get a skottle and use the single burner that comes with it off the skottle for heating up water...

Reactions: BlkWgn

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I'll be happy to build one as soon as I get home In Feb, and would be happy to provide guidance for anyone wanting to make their own.
I'd like to see it when you build it. For me it was a matter of money vs. Time. I could source the items to build one and build it, but I guess that's the luxury of having a job that keeps me busy but pays me well. I have more money than I do time.. So it's just easier for me to buy the already made product.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

We stopped taking our twin burner ever since we got a skottle. We strap it to our spare wheel on the roof so it doesn't even feel like it takes any space. We also carry a folding fire pit and a jetboil for a quick brew or to heat some soup on a cold day.

kennedyma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Any reasons why people don't use a 5lb refillable propane tank? I just got my Coleman two burner and plan on doing just that. Wondering what I'm missing and why people don't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk