Launch Member

Contributor II

Summerville, Dorchester County, South Carolina, United States
First Name
James
Last Name
Sterling
Member #

Hello everyone, I’m new to the group and to overlanding in general. The most I’ve done have been some weekend seeking / camping trips with my two kids. I live about 35 minutes north of Knoxville around the royal blue windrock area where there are endless miles of trails. If anyone would like to get together sometime and make a weekend out of it just let me know!

Also, I’m planning on doing at least the eastern portion of the TAT in April of 2019. I’m allowing myself time to prep the rig as well as any other items I may need along the way. I’m wondering if anyone has any downloadable files of the Section I’m doing that they would care to share. I plan on loading the files onto a tablet using Gaia. And if you have any advice I’d greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Hello everyone, I’m new to the group and to overlanding in general. The most I’ve done have been some weekend seeking / camping trips with my two kids. I live about 35 minutes north of Knoxville around the royal blue windrock area where there are endless miles of trails. If anyone would like to get together sometime and make a weekend out of it just let me know!

Also, I’m planning on doing at least the eastern portion of the TAT in April of 2019. I’m allowing myself time to prep the rig as well as any other items I may need along the way. I’m wondering if anyone has any downloadable files of the Section I’m doing that they would care to share. I plan on loading the files onto a tablet using Gaia. And if you have any advice I’d greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Welcome, the TAT is an awesome trip. I have done it twice and would be happy to answer some questions. You can check out my channel for some videos. www.youtube.com/c/sirwilliamadams

As far as the section map be sure you use Sam's maps, you can download them by section here https://www.transamtrail.com/
Have fun and welcome to overlanding.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JDub

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bath Springs TN
Member #

If you get the digital files you can run the trail in any direction you want. FYI the eastern portion is the best (in my opinion) of Tennessee. Its gets kinda flat and bland the further west you go until you get into NM and CO. Enjoy as we have and please pack out your trash. We have seen several instances of the trail that is starting to accumulate some litter.