Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Just added the Mountain Hatch Tailgate Cutting Board. I really added it for making it easier on my knees when I have to get at the top of my roof! (Not for cutting—although it is easier now.) I’ve got metal knees and boy when they hit a hard surface it makes me cringe. This upgrade will be a lot easier on ‘em.

Attachments

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Just added the Mountain Hatch Tailgate Cutting Board. I really added it for making it easier on my knees when I have to get at the top of my roof! (Not for cutting—although it is easier now.) I’ve got metal knees and boy when they hit a hard surface it makes me cringe. This upgrade will be a lot easier on ‘em.
Hi, Been looking at one of these Mountain Hatch tailgate numbers however was unsure on the height it added to the tailgate (if any). My fridge slide is sunken into my bed liner so that the fridge slidge out flat across the tailgate tub liner, this was due to it being to tall to fit under the roller shutter in my Wildtrak Ranger.
Have you noticed any variation in height once the tailgate board was installed?

Cheers

Attachments

Reactions: OldManJack

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Hi, Been looking at one of these Mountain Hatch tailgate numbers however was unsure on the height it added to the tailgate (if any). My fridge slide is sunken into my bed liner so that the fridge slidge out flat across the tailgate tub liner, this was due to it being to tall to fit under the roller shutter in my Wildtrak Ranger.

Cheers
I did not notice. I will check tomorrow.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

Cheers
There's no variation in height with these. They're worth every penny. One of the things I miss most about my tacoma.

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
Added a few shots to the original post. I never looked to see how high the OEM tailgate was in relation to the bed, so I don’t know how big a difference there was between this MH and OEM.

What are your concerns if I may ask? I haven’t seen any issues at this point.

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Added a few shots to the original post. I never looked to see how high the OEM tailgate was in relation to the bed, so I don’t know how big a difference there was between this MH and OEM.

What are your concerns if I may ask? I haven’t seen any issues at this point.
Hey mate, the extra shots are gold, i think it'll work. My concern was, my fridge slide is sunken into my tub liner, the fridge slide is bolted to the tray itself but I had to cut the tub liner in order to get the fridge height to work. When I pull my fridge slide out over the tailgate to access the items in the fridge, the slide is even across both the tub liner and tail gate. Ive tried to highlight this with the picture adding the yellow lines. Sounds like it should be right though.

Attachments

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
There's no variation in height with these. They're worth every penny. One of the things I miss most about my tacoma.
I think this really depends on what truck you have. On the Tacomas I think they don't add much, if any, height as they replace the factory tailgate panel. On my Colorado, they would lay on top of the tailgate and so add about 1/2".

Reactions: OVRLNDCBR

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

I think this really depends on what truck you have. On the Tacomas I think they don't add much, if any, height as they replace the factory tailgate panel. On my Colorado, they would lay on top of the tailgate and so add about 1/2".
Thanks for the info mate. Thinking I'll order one and see how we go.