Swingout hitch mount tire carrier

• HTML tutorial

Arnel

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lynnwood, WA
Member #

I had a couple people ask me about the hitch mounted tire carrier I put together for my trailblazer. There are other brands out there but unfortunately they're a little out of my price range.
I put this together with stuff I found on craigslist, and total cost was around $200 if purchased new.
1) hitch mounted mobility scooter carrier my ragemotorsports.
2) n curt hitch tire carrier
3) hitch stabilizer to prevent wobble.

I flipped the post that goes into the receiver to get a little better clearance, and removed the basket carrier portion of it which is on the left side of the 2nd picture.

next i cut the hitch part off of the n curt tire carrier, and drilled 2 holes to line up with the basket carrier mount. easy peezy!

I welded on a spot to mount my jerry can. hope this helps someone else like it did with me!

IMG_5983.JPG

carrier.jpg carrier2.jpg

TnK1

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Hollywood park, Tx
Member #

Personally don't like them they add even more length to the vehicle and most don't hold hold from my research
Glad it's working out for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Arnel

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lynnwood, WA
Member #

The trailblazer hitch is pretty high so I didn't have any problem with it hitting anything.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Can you take a picture of how you met up the two? Did you use the classic, cut the hitch part off of the Curt carrier and drilled some holes so it lines up with the swing out portion?

itsatruck

Rank 0

Contributor I

US
Arnel, I could use some better pictures if you have time. I would like to see the whole set up closed and a close up of how the tire carrier is bolted on. Thanks brother.

Reactions: tacoclifford