Surfers?

• HTML tutorial

pabstandoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

jacksonville, fl
Member #

I grew up outside of Sebastian and was spoiled having first peak as my home break. My dad has been surfing for close to 40 years and I've been in the water for almost 15.

Anyways to solicit shamelessly my father and I have a surf photography page on instagram and facebook. SouthernSurfPhotography. Give it a like.

Also, any east coast breaks you'd recommend for camping? Here in my new town Jacksonville there's a few good camping beach sites.

IMG_1559.JPG IMG_1289.JPG

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

Left Coast surfer here. Grew up surfing Bird Rock and PB as a kid. I've also surfed most of Baja. Now I just longboard.

Not nearly as good pictures as your dad's, but here's a couple my daughter took of me last week. (It was a small day)

Reactions: ChuckB

pabstandoverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

jacksonville, fl
Member #

Left Coast surfer here. Grew up surfing Bird Rock and PB as a kid. I've also surfed most of Baja. Now I just longboard.

Not nearly as good pictures as your dad's, but here's a couple my daughter took of me last week. (It was a small day)
not bad at all! I picked those out of a bunch of others not so great. I spent sometime over on your side. landed in san diego and flew out of san fran. Got a 6'4 rusty at the nearest surf shop and hit a few breaks. venture county line, Huntington, Pacifica, and a bunch others. Can not wait to get back to your side.

Reactions: YETI X

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

not bad at all! I picked those out of a bunch of others not so great. I spent sometime over on your side. landed in san diego and flew out of san fran. Got a 6'4 rusty at the nearest surf shop and hit a few breaks. venture county line, Huntington, Pacifica, and a bunch others. Can not wait to get back to your side.
If you get to San Diego, let me know. I keep racks on top of my 4Runner so I can carry multiple boards.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I surfed when I lived in Delaware for 8 years. I ride a 6'1" custom XYZ shortboard. A lot of the areas in DE are shore break, so had to wait for storms or the tides to be moving just right to ride lol. There was a place in Virginia that had pretty decent surf and you could camp on the beach as well. I'll have to look it up to remember the name of it, but it was pretty sweet! Wouldn't see anyone else for hours and typically people stayed 1/2mile or more apart because the park sets a vehicle restriction. I'll get back to you when I find/remember the name.

ChuckB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arden, Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Becker
Member #

Dropping in!

Just joined the site. Originally from San Diego, lived 3 years in Hawaii and now in Spain. I had a temporary hiatus in my surfing due to work and my wife and I having 3 kids in 20 months (twins...). Recently started getting back in the water on a semi-consistent basis here in Spain.

The surf scene here in Spain and Portugal is pretty sweet. I'm formally a longboard guy (definitely not a professional). My wife just gifted me my first custom board, and first new board in about 15 years. Shaped by a local Spaniard. It's 6'4", I guess that makes me a shortboarder now :tonguewink:

Board.JPG

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

The Outer Banks of North Carolina has some of the best surfing/camping I know of. Theres a great campground tucked in the dunes in Frisco and usually has some pretty good waves. The whole island is 100miles long and L-shaped so somewhere on it is catching swell from somewhere. If the whole place is flat, the fishing is great too!

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

As i'm landlocked in the middle of europe (southern germany) travelling to france, northern spain or portugal for surfing and camping while on that trips got me into this whole overlanding thing. Throwing some stuff in the back, RTT and surf-rack on the roof and i'm ready to got for some really nice spots were you can't go with less than 18 inch ground clearance.

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
image.jpeg Never masterd surfing but got body boads and wet suits get in at any opotunity Cornwall sennen cove being my favorite destination. Picture nothing to do with any thing. Just like the landy !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: family-overland

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

I was a Left Coast surfer also. Then got more into boogie boarding!
I do have a surfer story to share though. Most of my surfing was done along the Oregon Coast. I did commercial fishing for Salmon one season off the California Coast. Took my surf board with to checkout some of the famous surfing places there. About 40 miles out in the ocean in front of San Francisco harbor, is some rocks the the commercial fishing boats would use to anchor up for a mild storm. During the night I lost my surf board overboard and did not know tell morning. In my board, I had an old Drivers License epoxied to the surface of the surf board. A couple weeks later someone found my board washed up on shore in Beadaga bay, CA. And called my home in Washington. I got my surf board back! Benz.