Suggestion: OB Branded Stadium/Camp Blanket -- Crest/Logo

• HTML tutorial

Would you like to see an Overland Bound branded wool blanket?

• Hurry up and take my money for God's sake!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Actually . . . I think I'll keep my money.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GHQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fidalgo Island, WA USA
Member #

To me the philosophical debate over gear lists, prep protocols and wants vs needs is enduringly fascinating. Yet one item that I think would be really cool (and get tons of use & exposure) is an Overland Bound crested wool blanket. Overlanding or not, we keep a boring old wool/horsehair Swiss military blanket in our rig year round.

Equal parts comfort item and survival necessity, nothing insulates, shades, protects or pads quite like a large roll of wool. Pendleton makes high quality gear but other makers offer 80/20 logo'ed blankets at a lower price point.

For example, here's a vintage UP branded "Overland" Pendleton:

upblanket.jpg

And here's some mountain detail reminiscent of the OB logo (from a Glacier NP Pendleton):

71362_IVRY.jpg

Certainly lots of vectors for consideration (maker, cost, overall design, member #'s, limited run, etc) but I feel the simpler the better and those details will rightly get sorted out by the founders and owners of the logo. And ADMINS, if I've wandered too far down range on this issue, then please feel free to nix this thread.

For the moment, perhaps at least two camps of thought on this issue so I thought I'd launch a brief poll re general interest:

YEAH
money.jpg
or

NAY
moneykeep.jpg