Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Berkshire, MA, USA
First Name
K
Last Name
L
Member #

I think that's a great idea, would like to see a list of routes across the 50 states - though Rhode Island and Delaware may be day trips.

Before Iceland became a really popular destination, my wife and I did the Ring Road around Iceland - not off-road, but plenty of side trips took us to great camping places. Spent almost two weeks and wish we could have stayed longer.

carguyinok

Rank 0

Contributor I

N.E Oklahoma
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Shlosser
Well, I'm lucky enough to live up in the NE corner of Oklahoma. So I not only have a great starting point. But an amazing state that has terrain & view changes few others offer.
I'd caught a rumor of an overland/off road state loop. But, having little luck in tracking that info back down.
Let's face it, in today's changing climate I'm looking to get some adventure in. I'm thinking my preference is going to be staying within the state I know the rules for....
Sad truth

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
This is about what I have been planning. Except I am just doing a multi county circle around home camp.

The outer areas of Pennsylvania do not excite me.

MQbackcover2020_1024x1024.jpg
This map key kinda shows the plan. I am near Altoona. I plan to drive to the Southwest corner of Raystown map. Then stay off pavement as much as possible going through Rothrock and then Bald Eagle. Already did this section see the link.

Then up through Pine Creek. Then west across route 6 to 219 south. Then through Moshannon/Quehanna. Back through Rothrock and home to Altoona.

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
I have the research completed research for circumnavigating Oregon on a mix or forest roads and pavement and am slowly pre running the sections to verify there are no gates as well as finding places to camp.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Well, I'm lucky enough to live up in the NE corner of Oklahoma. So I not only have a great starting point. But an amazing state that has terrain & view changes few others offer.
I'd caught a rumor of an overland/off road state loop. But, having little luck in tracking that info back down.
Let's face it, in today's changing climate I'm looking to get some adventure in. I'm thinking my preference is going to be staying within the state I know the rules for....
Sad truth
Are talking about the Oklahoma Adventure Trail? A quick Google of that you can find all the GPX files. It’s a loop around the state not on the border but on the northern end you’re almost in Kansas. Also in NE OK you’ve got the Green Country Adventure Trail. Both trails are mostly backroads either gravel or dirt.

Reactions: DevilDodge

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Not a state but a province. Sadly, impossible in British Columbia due to remote, rugged and convoluted coastal areas. Unless I can use the ferry (Port Hardy to Prince Rupert) for that part??

Gr8 Hortoni

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Whitehall, Michigan, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horton
I’m in the planning stages of the “Michigan Adventure Circuit”, or “M.A.C.”, going to start doing it in sections in April once some trail restrictions are lifted and digitally mapping sections as I go. I’ve got it down on paper now. Eventually I plan to map a loop of the upper peninsula.