Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

One of the advantages to living in Merced is I am only about 30 minutes from Stanislaus National Forest. There are so many Forest Routes and Side trails that can be explored. I wanted to head to Lake Bowman with @coachjdmac, however a bad cylinder head temperature sensor prevented me from doing that. So I finished the repair around noon, and my daughter and I took off. We left Merced headed towards Coulterville and then without much direction in mind took Briceburg Rd, which is a fire trail/forest route. Along the route which follows Bulls Creek for period we noticed some interesting pools on our map. So we stop and went on a short hike to find them, pictures below. From there we headed toward Foresta which is an outstanding moderate trail. Unfortunatly I did not get any pictures of the latter part of the trip due to are late departure it got dark. From Foresta we drove into Yosemite and then home through Mariposa.20161119_150523.jpg IMG_2740.jpg IMG_2739.jpg 20161119_155718 (2).jpg IMG_2736.jpg IMG_2737.jpg IMG_2742.jpg

Egan

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Egan
Last Name
Burgess
Member #

That's what was I was thinking. I will definitely go back in the spring to see what it like.