Rank III

Enthusiast III

Englewood, CO 80112, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baecker
Member #

Fellow organization nerds! I'm looking for creative ideas for spice storage. I have a truck camper with a couple drawers in my bed and also some MOLLE panels on the walls. I'm trying to prevent my spices and sauces from just bouncing around everywhere when off-roading. I'd love to see some of your ideas. Right now I moved them out of my kitchen drawer into a MOLLE bag with some pockets in it, but I'm not a huge fan of how it works.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

here are a couple links that might have some ideas for you. all i know is that EVERY container i have used for spices while traveling has always clumped or just turned into a brick...and that is including the glass spice jars that they come in. i ended up finding these containers on amazon and they seem to be the only ones that seal good enough that the spices wont clump

Reactions: BizzyB

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
We use Tupperware Spice Containers. When we bought ours it was a set of the small and large sizes along with a carousel for in home use. When transitioning to the van we bought a Really Useful Box (I think this is the size) that we could put 4 containers deep by 3 containers wide and either 1 tall or two stacked small in height. In total we have 4 tall spice containers and 16 small spice containers. We had several tall and small containers left over so we use them for bolts, fuses, etc. We purpose built a shelf system to use the Really Useful Box like a drawer but keep the lid on it for those long dusty roads.

Reactions: grubworm and BizzyB

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
As for actual spices, salt and pepper is all we take that isn't already mixed into the pre-prepared meals (i.e. taco seasoned cooked meat). For everything else, we get the same packets they use at fast food places for things like ketchup, mustard, mayo, salsa, etc. They do not need refrigeration and are individually sized so we can determine how many to bring depending on number of meals per person. They are very light, take up little space, and we only carry enough for the trip, meaning no partially used containers to lug around.

Reactions: grubworm

Sputnik

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda, Bay Area, CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
H.
Member #

One ounce Nalgene containers. They are nearly indestructible , leak proof and cost about $1.50 at places like REI. I have at least one that I’ve had since the 90s and still use in my lunch bag for salt every day.

Reactions: MMc

MiamiC70

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
MiamiC70
Last Name
MiamiC70
Member #

One ounce Nalgene containers. They are nearly indestructible , leak proof and cost about $1.50 at places like REI. I have at least one that I’ve had since the 90s and still use in my lunch bag for salt every day.
That’s what I did and have been using for about 5 years. Use the larger 4oz for oil.

oldsoldier181

Rank IV

Influencer II

Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
reed
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1WTR
Service Branch
Army
So, I recently saw a video where a couple were using these:

They are called LockUps. They are designed so that you can lock them together, lid to bottom. And stack them however high you desire. I have 6 of them: season all salt, onion powder, garlic powder, allspice, smoked paprika, and a salt/pepper mix. the 1.5 oz ones, for me, work great for weekend trips.