Specific area to share Discounts and Codes

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

We are almost all in process of building and/changing our rigs and gear up for the better. To go along with that we are almost all of the same mind that we love to save money and take every opportunity to help others out.

Creating a specific area in the membership area called “Current Rig/Gear discounts” or something to that effect would be a good idea so that we can all share the discount codes and discounts with the other members. This would also be a very good perk for membership. It would also be a good way to bring members to this site on a more regular basis.

I will Be sharing a great discount code this morning in the General Discussion area but it would be good to organize these so we can visit them on a regular basis.

Thank you for allowing us to submit ideas.

BROfessor

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I agree, could be helpful.

I'd caution members though, about posting discount codes meant for one online community to another online community. A vendor may be willing to extend a discount to certain vehicle type owners, for example, so offers a code to their forum, but may not want or be able to afford a bunch of discount orders coming in from outside that forum.

If that makes sense. I had to quit offering a discount to workshop participants in the past, for example, because it would be shared on social media to a much wider audience than intended. If I cut my margins that slim to everyone, eventually I can no longer offer the workshops, or have to raise the price to offset the wider discount to more people. Not good, usually.

Reactions: theBROFESSOR

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I agree, could be helpful.

I'd caution members though, about posting discount codes meant for one online community to another online community. A vendor may be willing to extend a discount to certain vehicle type owners, for example, so offers a code to their forum, but may not want or be able to afford a bunch of discount orders coming in from outside that forum.

If that makes sense. I had to quit offering a discount to workshop participants in the past, for example, because it would be shared on social media to a much wider audience than intended. If I cut my margins that slim to everyone, eventually I can no longer offer the workshops, or have to raise the price to offset the wider discount to more people. Not good, usually.
Definitely can see that from a shop owners point of view. Those discount codes shared to a specific community or individual should be kept private. I was Just speaking of those that are public that some of us are not privy to due to not visiting a certain site or email signups or not knowing about certain sites etc.

Having said that though. With all of the sites out there that there are where you can go and search for discount codes, these shops must know that their codes are shared. And yet they still offer them publicly with no restrictions.

Reactions: Chapa and Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Definitely can see that from a shop owners point of view. Those discount codes shared to a specific community or individual should be kept private. I was Just speaking of those that are public that some of us are not privy to due to not visiting a certain site or email signups or not knowing about certain sites etc.

Having said that though. With all of the sites out there that there are where you can go and search for discount codes, these shops must know that their codes are shared. And yet they still offer them publicly with no restrictions.
A lot of the coupon sites, in my experience, that used to be decent, are now false come-ons with a ton of "coupons" that are actually just the "sign up and get 10% off" type deals the vendor offers to the world anyway. Those that are working coupons are usually now from vendors that know it will be shared on coupon sites so only do it for things they are closing out, or have raised prices on before the sale to cover the discount!

I've had very few coupons from coupon sites that have worked or are not expired. I try it every time I shop with a new vendor, from small to large, like CoffeeGator, Stansport, or Webstaurantstore, etc. more out of curiosity of trends and what's changing in the internet landscape. There's an article waiting to be written in there somewhere!

Here's hoping more people think it's a great idea. Like other things in OLB, if it proves to be that members want it, it's much more likely to become a thing.

Reactions: Chapa