• HTML tutorial

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Hi folks,

My apologies on this being posted so late, had an insane couple weeks at work. As previously chatted with a few of you, will be doing a day run to 1 or 2 trails in the Bobcaygeon/Minden area this Saturday July 8. This is about 2 hours drive north east of Toronto, even closer from Barrie and our northern friends.

Would be leaving at 8am from downtown Toronto, anyone in other areas we can meet up along the way or in Bobcaygeon.

Meeting point before the trail: There's a Tim Hortons in town: 101 East Street S, Bobcaygeon.

The first trail will be stock capable (had a stock Subaru Outback run it successfully), though it doesn't come without it's challenges to stay interesting! There is water to cross and small rocks to climb. You must be comfortable with that before heading out. Takes about 2 hours depending on group speed and we can all have lunch as a group on the trail.

If we manage to complete it in decent time, we can go to a 2nd trail as well, which will likely be more exploratory to see how far we can make it down. Or can turn back towards Toronto at that time.

If you will be joining please post here or PM me. A few of you already have my cell # and I have yours, for anyone else attending can you please PM me your cell # so we can get in touch day off.

Cheers!

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

We have 4 vehicles confirmed + 2 maybes for the day, so looks like we should have a fun little trip! Anyone else interested, do let me know :)

Migu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Toronto, Canada
Member #

Thanks to everyone that came out! We had an awesome Saturday out in the Five Points/Bobcaygeon area, completing 3 trails with a very cool collection of vehicles. Living up to the community's mantra: doesn't matter what you drive, get out there and explore!

Here are a few pictures from that day.

Let's have the pictures speak for themselves:grinning: (videos to come as I upload to YouTube)
DSC_0085.JPG DSC_0093.JPG DSC_0095.JPG DSC_0100.png
We did have a mishap, but that's a part of this life and through good teamwork and preparedness (recovery gear), we all got out safe and able to complete the rest of the day's trails.
DSC_0110.JPG DSC_0112.JPG DSC_0118.JPG DSC_0123.JPG
Halfway point was stopping for a wonderful lunch on Picard Lake.
DSC_0137.JPG DSC_0140.JPG DSC_0154.JPG DSC_0156.JPG
And yes, there is still a massive washout on the fireroad leading to Crystal Lake.
DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG DSC_0199.JPG

M.Gerber

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bradford, Ontario
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Gerber
Member #

Looks like a great time! Hopefully I can make it out on the next one!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Migu

shveet

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hamilton Ontario
First Name
Jan
Last Name
Kulesza
Member #

Seems like a lot of fun, I'm game to tag along if you guys decide to start one up this year

Reactions: Migu