FlightRisk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Neptune Beach, FL, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Marshall
Hi folks! My wife and I are grudgingly selling our 2020 Runaway Venturist (6x8). We purchased V-Series #55 new from Runaway campers in Ocala, FL last year. After a handful of trips with our two 70lb dogs and rapidly growing twin boys, we have decided to move up to a larger rig.
670638D9-55BF-4331-A9F8-89FC6523CEC0_1_105_c.jpeg
From Runaway campers: Runaway Venturist or "V-Series" is the most Versatile off-road and overland mini camper. Every V-Series comes standard with Timbren axle-less full independent suspension (NO AXLE!), electric brakes, 17" Method Race Wheels, 33" all-terrain tires, custom made fenders, and with all of that combined you get over 20 inches of ground clearance.

Standard Features:
New 2020 Construction is full composite, no wood, including the single piece edge overlapped roof.
6x8 comes with both left and right side doors
A/C
Full off-road frame is now standard and it includes tongue running the full length of the trailer making that rear hitch a tow point, slim line taillights, and the Max-Coupler hitch system
Black powder coated fenders and front diamond plate
Timbren 1 ton axle-less suspension with 4" lift
Electric brakes
17" Method Race Wheels in Toyota Lug pattern
33" BFG All-Terrain Tires (285/70/17)
Larger Flat Fenders you can Stand on (will support 400#'s)
Approximate weight 900lbs dry

Options we added from the factory:
Roof Rack $310
Rear Door $350

In addition to the factory options, I've added a custom aluminum front tongue box that houses a slide out fridge, 12v electrical system, and storage. I also added onboard water and lighting for extended trips off grid. Specs of what was added:

Custom aluminum tongue box contains:
ICECO VL45 fridge and slide (passenger side)
100AH Lithium battery from SOK
Blue Sea 12 circuit fuse block
Marine battery cutoff switch
RichPower 20A MPPT Solar charge controller
Control panel for ground lighting, "porch" light, tongue box interior lighting, water pump, voltimeter, dual quick charge USB plugs and a 12V marine socket
Open storage space (driver side)
Exterior cargo hooks for tying down additional gear
Slot for 4' folding table with wire grill rack, paper towel holder, and trash bag holder (included)

Electrical system is connected to a roof mounted 175w solar panel. With moderate sun, this setup is more than enough to run the fridge, LED lighting, water pump, and charge your devices pretty much indefinitely without plugging in.

On the interior of the trailer I've added 6 quick charge USB outlets, one with voltimeter, a 12v plug running a bestek 300w pure sine wave inverter, as well as switched exterior ground lighting for those late night bathroom excursions. I've also added foam flooring and a tri-fold california king memory foam mattress.

Water system:
I mounted two 25gal freshwater tanks under the trailer, and connected them in series for total fresh water storage of 50gal. The fill is located on the rear driver fender, with a vent and output fitting on the rear passenger fender. Water is pumped through the system via a Seaflo 42 series 3GPM water pump. Both tanks are covered with an aluminum sheet metal rock guard for impact protection, modeled after Dan Grec's Africa jeep build. (DIY 4x4 Drinking Water Tank, Pump, Filter and Treat | The Road Chose Me). We used this system in combination with the Joolca hottap nomad kit for showers/dish duty on the road.

Not planning to include ARB awning though price and accessories are negotiable.

Venturist #55 is located in Jacksonville, FL and available immediately. Please message me with any questions or for additional information. I am also available via phone/text through Google Voice. My number is (904) 990-3995.

James
A999AA8E-B0B5-4A35-8B06-13402CDDDFBC_1_105_c.jpegB4F380C0-7C97-42C0-B107-B1BF69B0BF8A_1_105_c.jpegIMG_5734.jpegIMG_5735.jpegIMG_5736.jpegIMG_5738.jpegIMG_5739.jpegIMG_5742.jpegIMG_5743.jpegIMG_5747.jpegIMG_5748.jpegIMG_5749.jpegIMG_5750.jpegIMG_5751.jpegIMG_5752.jpegIMG_5753.jpegIMG_5754.jpegIMG_5757.jpegIMG_5761.jpegIMG_5763.jpegIMG_5765.jpegIMG_7264.jpegIMG_7267.jpegIMG_7271.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jst_chillin10

Gary D

Rank IV
Investor

Contributor III

Newnan, GA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Dell
Member #

Nice camper. Could you tell me total length, total width and total height please? Gotta make sure it would fit in my detached garage.