US Southwest SOLD -------------- (AZ) 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Lifted, Solar, Dual Battery, OBA, Winch...

• HTML tutorial

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Limited - 4x4
187,500 miles
4.7 High Output HO
Quadradrive - D44a Rear / D30 Front - NV247 transfer case
Automatic Transmission

- Heated Seats
- Dual Climate Control
- Adjustable Pedals
- Sunroof
- Power Windows / Locks
- Cold AC
- Tow Hitch

$7,000 OBO -

I purchased the Jeep in 2016 in stock condition with 160k miles on it. Soon after I started noticing smoke from the exhaust and had to address the common valve seal problems of the 4.7 motors. While I had the heads rebuilt and Cats changed out for Magnaflow High-Flows, I also had the oil pump, water pump, oil pan gasket and the spark plugs replaced. I've never had engine issues with this Jeep other than the old valve seals. Has been running like a champ since. Since owning all ball joints, tire-rods, engine mounts and bushings have been changed. Always with Mopar, Moog or Dana Spicer.

Why am I selling? - This has been a 2nd vehicle for me since owning. In October I picked up a Rubicon as my daily driver. Not finding a real need to keep a 2nd Jeep around, though I do love it. It has taken me to Moab 2x, Death Valley, North Rim Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree, Mammoth Lakes, Big Bear, Overland Expo West, Coachella, Crater Lake and more.

The 2004 Grand Cherokee is the last year of the Solid Axle front on Grand Cherokee. It was also the only year that received the unique grill and round fog light bumpers. It stands out compared to other WJs.

This Jeep is very capable and strikes balance between capabilities, comfort and upgrades. You will not find another Grand Cherokee with these features or another rig with these capabilities at this price point.

Here is a walk around video - New video by Morgan Glassco
Don't mind the dirt and trash. Jeep has been cleaned and waxed, ready for the next owner.

Suspension :
4" Iron Rock Offroad Coil Springs
Core 4x4 Adjustable Control Arms -Front & Rear
KOR 2" A-Arm Spacer
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
JKS HD Adjustable Track Bar w/ 9/16th bolt upgrade
Rough Country - Sway Disconnects
IRO - Rear Extended Sway Links
Daystar Coil Spring Retainers - front

Exterior :
HK Offroad Kratos - Spare Tire Carrier
HK Offroad Hidden Winch Mount with D-Rings and Shackles
Smittybilt 9500lb Winch with Synthetic Line
Kevins Offroad Sliders
Rola Full-Length Roof Rack
4" LED Fog replacements
Newer headlights - these aren't buffed out faded lights
Black and Chrome grills included - both 2004 style

Wheels & Tires :
17x7.5 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock Take Off Wheels - qty 5
255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrains ~ 32" - Approx 60% tread remaining - qty 5

Interior:
Pioneer Bluetooth Head unit
Metra Access - Steering Wheel Controls interface
10" Kicker Subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate Amplifier
Carbon wrap covering wood trim
Rear cargo mat
All-weather front mats
Rear seat mod - quick release seats (maximize cargo space / flat surface)
12v Switches and Power Bank in Rear Cargo Area
LED Cargo Light Mounted to Interior Hatch
Fire Extinguisher

Overland:
T-Max Dual Battery System - In cab controller - works with Solar
Sierra Wave - 120v 24x48" Solar Panel - connected to 2nd battery
Power station with Voltmeter, 6x Toggle Switches, 2x USB and 1x 12v Accessory - connected to 2nd battery
DIY Pressurized Solar Shower
On-Board Air - Compressor hard mounted
Hi-Lift Jack with Baja Handle that becomes a shovel

The bad :
- Has the common blend door problem. AC works great. Passenger side does not get heat but drivers does. Hasn't been a problem in AZ.
- There is pin-stripping and some exterior scratches and imperfections. Overall it looks good but up close you will see it's age. Perfect for looking good getting out to the trail but not worrying about every branch.
- The front seats are notorious for shredding. My wife performed leather repair but was not perfect.
- Some rock rash on the wheels and the sliders - I call it character

I am sure there is more that I am missing but feel free to ask if you have any questions. Low ballers and scams will be ignored.

1030524.jpg20180703_200752_HDR-01.jpgAbandoned Waterpark-33.jpgCoachella 2018-103.jpgIMG_20181119_091110_449.jpgIMG_20190406_145249.jpgIMG_20190816_191754.jpgIMG_20190830_184737_Bokeh.jpgmoab 2017October 14, 2017-5.jpgmoab 2017October 14, 2017-33.jpgmoab 2017October 14, 2017-38.jpgSummer Road Trip-96.jpgWJ Snow Day-2.jpg

Last edited: