Smittybilt recovery tracks

• HTML tutorial

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

The only 2 sets I have seen, both have huge cracks in them. Both their owners have Subarus... I have the TRED 1100's and got them for cheap (below msrp) on ebay. These costed more than the cheap ones, but less than MaxTrax... have worked great in snow with my subie, fully built jku, and a couple FJ's.

Here they are mounted to my roof. They stay there year round.

Sent using telepathically controlled dolphin fingers.

tanner sheltry

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chickasha Oklahoma
Member #

The only 2 sets I have seen, both have huge cracks in them. Both their owners have Subarus... I have the TRED 1100's and got them for cheap (below msrp) on ebay. These costed more than the cheap ones, but less than MaxTrax... have worked great in snow with my subie, fully built jku, and a couple FJ's.

Here they are mounted to my roof. They stay there year round.

Do you have any problems with them getting uv damage up there?

Reactions: Kevin108

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

Do you have any problems with them getting uv damage up there?
I haven't noticed any UV damage. I'm entering my second winter with them, and don't expect any faults from them. They have a lifetime warranty and the company has been around for awhile in Australia... Went with TRED due to their reviews, quality of product on all the videos and forums I checked, and the warranty.

I was going to get the Smittybilt ones (because I'm a cheap ass), but decided to spend a few more bucks on these new off eBay.

vagabondexpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

various
Member #

I missed this thread a while back - but just FYI,

I have the Smittybilt tracks - had them on the roof for a long time exposed to sun - they faded, but haven't become brittle.
I also bought from 4 Wheel Parts and added on their three year warranty - so if they do break or you churn the treads off, they'll replace them. I grabbed a second pair because these worked so effortlessly.

traction plates
by e j, on Flickr

OffRoadAcc

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Tampa,fl 33604
Member #

I sell the Smittybilt Element Ramps, and I use them as well. They work well, i've used them on several occasions.
I have also used the Maxxtraxx and I prefer smittybilt. Pm me if you want a cheaper then retail price.

tanner sheltry

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chickasha Oklahoma
Member #

I sell the Smittybilt Element Ramps, and I use them as well. They work well, i've used them on several occasions.
I have also used the Maxxtraxx and I prefer smittybilt. Pm me if you want a cheaper then retail price.
I appreciate that man! I just picked up some x-bull ramps but I'm wanting a second pair so I might get in touch with you

Reactions: OffRoadAcc