Sleeping Pad Showdown

• HTML tutorial

No Known Boundaries

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Western US
Member #

Black Friday is knocking at the door. While the campers and roof top tents are very sexy options, there are many of us who still regularly find ourselves in tents, on sleeping platforms/backs of the truck, or looking for alternative mattresses for said roof tents. Over the many years and under the many moons, I've gotten very familiar with quite a few sleeping pads that are still sure to be contenders if you're on the hunt for an upgrade this holiday season.

And of course, I'd love to hear what other options you've put through the gauntlet that should also be considered.

TSO_NJ

Rank V

Explorer I

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

I have the GoPlus SUV mattress. Very comfortable and reliable, plus it’s a perfect fit for our Ford Bronco Sport.

Photo of mattress shown in our previous SUV.

GoPlusUSA  Inflatable Mattress.jpg

Last edited:

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Black Friday is knocking at the door. While the campers and roof top tents are very sexy options, there are many of us who still regularly find ourselves in tents, on sleeping platforms/backs of the truck, or looking for alternative mattresses for said roof tents. Over the many years and under the many moons, I've gotten very familiar with quite a few sleeping pads that are still sure to be contenders if you're on the hunt for an upgrade this holiday season.

And of course, I'd love to hear what other options you've put through the gauntlet that should also be considered.

Great review! I’ve used the Exped Downmat Winter UL for backpacking, tent camping and sleeping in the back of my truck for several years; their mats are high quality. One thing I would recommend for anyone purchasing an inflatable mattress is to store it uncompressed. I know this takes up more space, but fold it loosely and store in a cool, climate controlled area away from any sharp objects. If you leave it rolled up/compressed in the small storage sack, the mattress may develop weak spots on the creases, which result in leaks. Waking up on the cold, hard ground at 2am really sucks!
If you’re looking for a memory foam mattress, I bought the Milliard 5 inch Deluxe Memory Foam Dual-Sided thru Amazon. Very comfortable, but definitely bulky.