Should I be nervous all the Dometic CFX3 line are on sale? Is a new model coming?

• HTML tutorial

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

All the Dometic CFX3 line of coolers are on sale... sometimes this makes me nervous a new product is about to be released.... or it could just be a memorial day sale. Anyone have any idea or info? :-)

Sale items are here: ᐅ Camping Coolers & Ice Chests for Car and Outdoor -- It's mostly all just the CFX3 line.
Whichever it is, I wouldn't get nervous about it, myself.

If you like the popular CFX3 line and find the price appealing, go for it. 20% off is a substantial discount on a $950-$1300 line of coolers. It's a good deal, and may well be nothing more than trying to secure a larger share of dedicated customers as the 2021 adventure season expands and pandemic restrictions ease. New customers who feel they received a good deal on a great product tend to talk a lot about it on social media and tend, too, to be loyal. That pays off more in the long run for a vendor than a discount in the short term hurts.

If they are coming out with a new line or product, chances are great that it will be more expensive, and it certainly does not mean the CFX3 line is not a good one or should be passed by. Dometic CFX coolers have a 5 year limited warranty, which is nothing to sneeze at, either.

In other Dometic news, they announced yesterday they've agreed to acquire Front Runner Outfitters as they continue to expand into vehicle-based recreation and outdoor markets deeper than just the world of RVs.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
sometimes this makes me nervous a new product is about to be released....
naw...the only time to be nervous is when a wife/girlfriend meets you at the door with "we need to talk..." :grinning:

i have a cfx3 65qt and it has been doing really well. this series is still getting strong reviews and appears to still be the flagship model for dometic...pretty sure the sale is just that...a sale. best time to sell a cooler would be right at the beginning of summer.

davidu

Rank I

Contributor I

Big Sky, MT, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Ulevitch
Member #

naw...the only time to be nervous is when a wife/girlfriend meets you at the door with "we need to talk..." :grinning:

i have a cfx3 65qt and it has been doing really well. this series is still getting strong reviews and appears to still be the flagship model for dometic...pretty sure the sale is just that...a sale. best time to sell a cooler would be right at the beginning of summer.
Awesome. Ordered!

Reactions: grubworm

PanicMonster

Rank II

Contributor III

Anchorage, AK, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Kaplan
Member #

I think it is only to coincide with REI's anniversary 20% off member coupon. REI also sells Dometic. If you have REI card, additional 5% back on REI purchases regardless of sale.

I just picked up CFX3 35 from REI w the discount. First 2 nights in the Olympics: so far so good. Ran intermittently from stock inverter in truck. Held temp well and quick to cool. Controlling temp from Bluetooth app while on the road is cool (pun?). Waiting for insulating cover to be back in stock.

To address post above: mine did come with a pictograph warning against plugging in DC and AC simultaneously FWIW.

davidu

Rank I

Contributor I

Big Sky, MT, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Ulevitch
Member #

Oh darn. I forgot about the REI 5% and ordered direct from Dometic. Oh well.

I think it is only to coincide with REI's anniversary 20% off member coupon. REI also sells Dometic. If you have REI card, additional 5% back on REI purchases regardless of sale.

I just picked up CFX3 35 from REI w the discount. First 2 nights in the Olympics: so far so good. Ran intermittently from stock inverter in truck. Held temp well and quick to cool. Controlling temp from Bluetooth app while on the road is cool (pun?). Waiting for insulating cover to be back in stock.

To address post above: mine did come with a pictograph warning against plugging in DC and AC simultaneously FWIW.