Shell Road, Wyoming

• HTML tutorial

IdahoGrizz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buhl, ID
Member #

According to your video report, it sure looks like a trail I'd like to do. Video was quite well done, however I got a little weary of the inset in the map look and the speed up mode the whole way. The fast motion almost made the vehicles look like RC models at first. I'm just offering my comments as some feedback for your reference. Thanks for the posting.

OverlandTrax

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Colorado
Member #

Lol, they do look like rc cars at first. I have recently upgraded to better camera equipment and a stablerizer but those trail reviews are still a few months out. Originally we went full screen after the narration was done but got feedback that it would be nice to have the map viewable the whole time for planning purposes... I'm thinking that there may be a happy medium with going fullscreen after a few minutes after the narritation... Thoughts?

IdahoGrizz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buhl, ID
Member #

Lol, they do look like rc cars at first. I have recently upgraded to better camera equipment and a stablerizer but those trail reviews are still a few months out. Originally we went full screen after the narration was done but got feedback that it would be nice to have the map viewable the whole time for planning purposes... I'm thinking that there may be a happy medium with going fullscreen after a few minutes after the narritation... Thoughts?
Yeah, I agree that the map could have disappeared after a short time into the video. Now, tracking your route from time to time in the vid would have been cool, for sure. I'm just learning to do the GoPro camera thing and so I look at a lot of vids like yours to get ideas, learn technique, what I like and why, what I don't like and why. I'm presently trying to experiment with different views. I have my camera primarily mounted on the chin piece of my helmet and I have several other mounting places on the ATV I ride. Just a few seconds here and there in the vid of some novel angles and views adds a lot, IMO. It is fun and a learning as I go experience.

OverlandTrax

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Colorado
Member #

Yeah, I agree that the map could have disappeared after a short time into the video. Now, tracking your route from time to time in the vid would have been cool, for sure. I'm just learning to do the GoPro camera thing and so I look at a lot of vids like yours to get ideas, learn technique, what I like and why, what I don't like and why. I'm presently trying to experiment with different views. I have my camera primarily mounted on the chin piece of my helmet and I have several other mounting places on the ATV I ride. Just a few seconds here and there in the vid of some novel angles and views adds a lot, IMO. It is fun and a learning as I go experience.
IdahoGrizz, thank you for the feedback. For the newer videos (gopro and stabilizer footage) I think I'll be switching to full screen a little while after the narration is complete. Cheers!