Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Looking for seat cover options for my 1998 Toyota 4Runner.

My seats are in good shape for being 20+ years old, but I am noticing the "wear marks" more and more every day. Plus, I'd like to offer a little protection, especially to the back seat, when my adventure partner (Labrador Retriever) travels with me.

I know that Wet Okole is an option. Just wanted to ask the fine folks of the forum if they had anything else that they might suggest I consider.

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@Welding Goats
Looking for seat cover options for my 1998 Toyota 4Runner.

My seats are in good shape for being 20+ years old, but I am noticing the "wear marks" more and more every day. Plus, I'd like to offer a little protection, especially to the back seat, when my adventure partner (Labrador Retriever) travels with me.
I know that Wet Okole is an option. Just wanted to ask the fine folks of the forum if they had anything else that they might suggest I consider.
I asked the same question a year or so ago. See thread at: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/anyone-have-recommendations-for-good-quality-cloth-seat-covers.6879/#post-106459

I ended up going with the "Coverking Tactical Seat Covers" from Costco for both my 4runner and Tacoma. overall I like them. After a year of wear and tear they still look good and are doing their job of protecting the seats. They can be a bit hot in the summer on long rides as they don't permit much air to move. The molle on the back seamed like a good idea but for me is nearly useless in the 4runner since I often switch between the back seat up and down. The bags just get in the way. Ordering via Costco was different to say the least and I did run into some issues with one of the 2 sets which while it took some time Costco did everything they could to make it right. They succeeded in the end. I'm considering getting another cover for the back seat of the 4runner but they don't get much use so holding off for now.

Boort

Reactions: Welding Goats

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
I can also vouch for coverking. I didn’t get them from
Costco. I got them right from their website. I too got the tactical ones with the molle strips on the back. Same deal for me. They’re basically useless. If I have the back seats up, the bags take up all the knee room. And if I have the seats down, the bags are inaccessible. So they’re useless to me. I have a seat belt cutter behind both seats and a small pouch with a multi tool, nail clipper, a pen and marker and a small flashlight. They can be a little pricy but they are custom made to fit and they have a nice solid fit and finish. After about a year the butt area on the driver seat has some signs of wear with some little strings sticking up. I’m short and my Jeep is a little too tall for my short legs so I usually tend to slide out of the seat which I’m guessing is the cause of that wear. Overall I would deffinately buy them again.

mine came with cut out flaps for the side airbags which to me shows an attention to detail and a company that puts thought into making a decent product.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I've had Wet Okole covers for about 8 months on my Land Cruiser and they still fit and look great. I started looking for seat covers because the original leather seats had cracked and peeled after nearly 300k miles of use. Coverking was on my short list of seat covers after doing some research, but I didn't feel the sample fabrics they sent me would conform to the seat shape very well.

The covers feel great, but 8 months after the install I am still getting random whiffs of neoprene. I love that the seats are warmer in the winter. The seat heaters still work on 'high' but not quite as intense as they did through straight leather. They are warmer in the summer, but I feel the breathability is about the same the leather (not wonderful). They clean real easy when installed with the shampoo kit from Wet Okole. I like the Wet Okole because they are not leather. The downside is cost.