SCT Stove/Fridge Slide

• HTML tutorial

NMTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Albuquerque New Mexico
Member #

I purchased a stove/fridge slide with a 22” Cook Partner stove from SoCal Teardrops and I’ve used them on many fishing and camping trips. I also used them when me and my wife drove to Aransas Pass Tx immediately following hurricane Harvey. The stove and slides work great and exceeded my expectations.

SCT Provided me and my wife great customer service and an outstanding product.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with SCT, I’m just a very satisfied customer.

Attachments

NMTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Albuquerque New Mexico
Member #

Very nice. What was the cost on this? I assume this was a custom job since they don't list any of these products on their website?
The price was $695.00 plus shipping. I was researching how To build one myself when I came across the SCT combo. When I searched for it on their website I had the same problem so I called them and I was told They use them in some of their trailers. I would assume this is an item they normally stock because it only took a little over a week to get mine.

I think on their website it’s under Parts, storage cargo.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

The price was $695.00 plus shipping. I was researching how To build one myself when I came across the SCT combo. When I searched for it on their website I had the same problem so I called them and I was told They use them in some of their trailers. I would assume this is an item they normally stock because it only took a little over a week to get mine.

I think on their website it’s under Parts, storage cargo.
10-4 I will check it out thanks!

Reactions: NMTaco

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Hi, I am looking at the SCT slide for my 4runner. Was wondering what type of mounting option they have for a fridge? Is it just a flat surface that you can drill through and bolt a fridge mount too? Also, how is it holding up after a year of use? And how did you mount the slide in your rig? I will be bolting it onto a wooden drawer system (Goose Gear).

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hi, I am looking at the SCT slide for my 4runner. Was wondering what type of mounting option they have for a fridge? Is it just a flat surface that you can drill through and bolt a fridge mount too? Also, how is it holding up after a year of use? And how did you mount the slide in your rig? I will be bolting it onto a wooden drawer system (Goose Gear).
Good question. I'm curious to know as well.

NMTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Albuquerque New Mexico
Member #

Hello,
It has held up very well, it is permanently mounted in my truck on a drawer system and I installed an ARB 37qt fridge on it. I had to drill holes in the slide for tie downs which was no big deal. I use the fridge every weekend and the combination of the Cook partner and ARB with the slide is convenient and very easy to use. I’m glad I went with the 22” stove instead of the 18”, I hope this helps and if you have any other questions let me know.

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Hello,
It has held up very well, it is permanently mounted in my truck on a drawer system and I installed an ARB 37qt fridge on it. I had to drill holes in the slide for tie downs which was no big deal. I use the fridge every weekend and the combination of the Cook partner and ARB with the slide is convenient and very easy to use. I’m glad I went with the 22” stove instead of the 18”, I hope this helps and if you have any other questions let me know.
Awesome thank you. I am going to grab the 22" too. What is the difference? They state you have to mention when ordering? I'm guessing it is modded to take the 22. Is it wider or just the section that holds the stove different?

NMTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Albuquerque New Mexico
Member #

Awesome thank you. I am going to grab the 22" too. What is the difference? They state you have to mention when ordering? I'm guessing it is modded to take the 22. Is it wider or just the section that holds the stove different?
[/QUO
Hello, the opening fits both the 18” and 22”, I chose the 22” based on it fits two 12” pans which the The 18” does not. The space is big enough to store the hose, regulator and lighter. I extended the hose to attach to my 5lb propane tank on my frontrunner rack. The whole unit is well built and made of stainless steel so cleanup is easy and no rust.

Reactions: SNO-RNR

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Any chance you could take some pictures of the mounting points for the SCT to the drawers and the ones on the SCT for the fridge? What size hardware did you use and how many? The web page for SCT states that it is pre-drilled for the 50qt fridges?

Thank you.

NMTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Albuquerque New Mexico
Member #

Any chance you could take some pictures of the mounting points for the SCT to the drawers and the ones on the SCT for the fridge? What size hardware did you use and how many? The web page for SCT states that it is pre-drilled for the 50qt fridges?

Thank you.
Mine was the first they sold that wasn’t going to be used in one of their trailers so I had to modify it to anchor down my fridge. I installed the slider and stove onto a 3/4” plywood base that I secure in the bed and built a drawer system off the plywood platform. I built it so it can be removed and transferred into my Jeep Wrangler for short weekend fishing /MTB trips. I used all SS hardware and the slider base came pre drilled so it was easy to mount onto the plywood. I chose this configuration because I wanted to minimize the amount of holes I had to drill into the bed of the truck and how it anchors inside the Jeep.

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

c
Mine was the first they sold that wasn’t going to be used in one of their trailers so I had to modify it to anchor down my fridge. I installed the slider and stove onto a 3/4” plywood base that I secure in the bed and built a drawer system off the plywood platform. I built it so it can be removed and transferred into my Jeep Wrangler for short weekend fishing /MTB trips. I used all SS hardware and the slider base came pre drilled so it was easy to mount onto the plywood. I chose this configuration because I wanted to minimize the amount of holes I had to drill into the bed of the truck and how it anchors inside the Jeep.
Awesome, thank you. I will be installing it on top of a Goose Gear drawer system. Do you think it will be easy to drill the holes for the mountain hardware? I already have the drawers fitted. Is there access to drill from the top of the slide using the slide holes as a guide to drill into the drawers? If that makes sense.

NMTaco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Albuquerque New Mexico
Member #

c

Awesome, thank you. I will be installing it on top of a Goose Gear drawer system. Do you think it will be easy to drill the holes for the mountain hardware? I already have the drawers fitted. Is there access to drill from the top of the slide using the slide holes as a guide to drill into the drawers? If that makes sense.
Yes, fully extend the slide and the eight mounting holes are easy to access from the top. It shouldn’t be a problem, it will be a great addition to a goose gear system. Have fun.

Reactions: SNO-RNR

SNO-RNR

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kelowna, BC, Canada
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Pearey
Member #

Yes, fully extend the slide and the eight mounting holes are easy to access from the top. It shouldn’t be a problem, it will be a great addition to a goose gear system. Have fun.
Awesome. Sorry for all the questions but I am collecting this from a logistics depot during a trip. Will be fitting it in the filed. Just wanted to make sure I had all the gear to fit it sorted.