First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
1st-Rule-of-Camping-420x500.jpg

Ok guys so on the OB West Europe whatsapp group there has been some talk of a monthly weekend camp / meet for the members in Scotland and North of England.

The initial thought was coffee and chat but we are spread a bit thin over a large area so a camp was discussed.

So if this is something you like the idea of lets start a discussion, we need to decide on maybe a couple of venues that will allow the balance to shift slightly north or south / East or West to ensure no bias in distance to be travelled.

Once we have some sort of idea of numbers and venues I can look at maybe setting up training on the weekends to give them value such as First Aid Training or map navigation etc.
I think we have a few members who have said in the past they are happy to offer the training.

Reactions: caspoint220

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Great idea. I’d be glad to help with training too. I have a preference for wild camping and can give details of a couple of great spots in West Scotland which I would be able to get to.

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Yup, completely game for this, clearly I cant attend all. But i think the chosen area should be around the border. That makes it even for most of us I think.

Happy to offer training on map reading an navigation, casualty evacuation, medical treatment for trauma (not GP stuff) and any other military type stuff people would be interested to learn.

I would like some safe winch training of complex recoveries and pretty interested in Bush craft stuff.