• HTML tutorial

SacTown TACO!

ke4640

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys,. currently stationed in Sacramento area. My fiancé and I have been "overlanding" for about a year now. We took a big 30 day cross-country from Tampa - Sacramento, and everywhere in between last year and cant get enough.

Planning another NW, Canada, BAMF area trip next September, as we build our new rig. Old truck was a 2011 Silverado. Recently purchased a 2012 Tacoma ACLB 2.7L auto. (Gas prices in Cali suck)
OLD RIG
upload_2018-8-12_9-22-36.png
New Rig
Plans for the Tacoma in the works
upload_2018-8-12_9-23-24.png
Thanks guys!

Attachments

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys,. currently stationed in Sacramento area. My fiancé and I have been "overlanding" for about a year now. We took a big 30 day cross-country from Tampa - Sacramento, and everywhere in between last year and cant get enough.

Planning another NW, Canada, BAMF area trip next September, as we build our new rig. Old truck was a 2011 Silverado. Recently purchased a 2012 Tacoma ACLB 2.7L auto. (Gas prices in Cali suck)
OLD RIG
View attachment 64598
New Rig
View attachment 64599
Thanks guys!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

Reactions: ke4640

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

OLD RIG
View attachment 64598
New Rig
View attachment 64599
Thanks guys!
Welcome to Overland Bound! There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

ke4640

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome to Overland Bound! There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent!

Thanks for the info. I live in Folsom, So the weekly meet up is like 20 minutes from my place. Unfortunately I work nights so, I would have to try and catch it on a night I am off early.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kent!

Thanks for the info. I live in Folsom, So the weekly meet up is like 20 minutes from my place. Unfortunately I work nights so, I would have to try and catch it on a night I am off early.
The Sierra Foothills meetup has members from Folsom and Rancho. If that works for you. Both are very different so you might want to go to each to see what works for you.

ke4640

Rank 0

Traveler I

The Sierra Foothills meetup has members from Folsom and Rancho. If that works for you. Both are very different so you might want to go to each to see what works for you.
I am definitely going to have to check one of these out. It’s just a matter of time. We’ve been in California for a year and I feel like I don’t have enough space on my Calendar to do everything we want. We came from the east coast. So not to many mountains. Lol

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Kent!

I fly into Mather frequently, the smoke was nasty out there last week.

ke4640

Rank 0

Traveler I

I fly into Mather frequently, the smoke was nasty out there last week.
Yeah man. It has been terrible here the last two weeks. Thick enough to were we could see a distinct haziness in our hangar. But thankfully it is clearing up, and this week the air quality has been decent. I know the tankers at mclellan have been flying non stop. They brought in some fire power with the 747’s and DC-10.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Watched these guys in and out of San Bernadino last Thursday. Pretty awesome to watch. I'm glad it's been clearing up hopefully it's a lot better next time I come down.

ke4640

Rank 0

Traveler I

Watched these guys in and out of San Bernadino last Thursday. Pretty awesome to watch. I'm glad it's been clearing up hopefully it's a lot better next time I come down.

Yup. That’s the good ole DC-10. They use the hell out of these guys here. Have 1 pretty much permanently here during fire season.

Reactions: flyingnome

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Yeah they are crazy. Had a job offer years back to for P2Vs out of Montana, but the extra risk and the crap schedule just didnt appeal to me. Lots of respect for those guys though.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

Same thing as the DC-10s just on a much smaller scale. Have a few friends flying lead planes and air attack. I'm flying a Citation Jet, much lower key and gets me home pretty much every night.

Reactions: Kent R

ke4640

Rank 0

Traveler I

Same thing as the DC-10s just on a much smaller scale. Have a few friends flying lead planes and air attack. I'm flying a Citation Jet, much lower key and gets me home pretty much every night.
The Cal Fire guys are insane. I spoke to the 747 pilot out here. He said they basically have to point the nose slightly towards the ground when dumping their agent because they can’t maintain altitude during the weight shift.

Nice! Yeah that will definitely get you home most nights. Ahah