S.E. Idaho

• HTML tutorial

iamdrglass

Rank 0

Traveler I

Idaho
Checking in from S.E. Idaho. We are new to "Overlanding" but not new to camping out of a vehicle. We are new to Ham Radio though and loving it. I have 3 adventures that I am wanting to go on this year for sure. We travel in a stock 98 2door XJ for the most part.
I am not a mudder or rock crawler. And the drinking party life is in the rear view mirror.
KJ7LTY

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Checking in from S.E. Idaho. We are new to "Overlanding" but not new to camping out of a vehicle. We are new to Ham Radio though and loving it. I have 3 adventures that I am wanting to go on this year for sure. We travel in a stock 98 2door XJ for the most part.
I am not a mudder or rock crawler. And the drinking party life is in the rear view mirror.
KJ7LTY
Hello and welcome to the OB crew.....love a good XJ. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

KJ7LTY
Welcome! @Sandpoint Steve is your closet Member Rep, but myself and @Slimpartywagon are available if you have any questions!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: kkriewald

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
KJ7LTY
Welcome to the OB community.Don't know if you've heard of the NW Overland Rally held in Plain, Washington each June, but if you want an overload exposure to the Overlanding world, and have a great time of learning, meeting new people, and possibly winning some cool gear, all in a beautiful area, then I highly recommend you look into coming. Just Google NW Overland Rally 2020 and you'll get all you need to know about what happens and registration.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@iamdrglass ,
Welcome from Eastern Oregon. As @Gabriel Bozeman said, myself and @Sandpoint Steve are your closest Member Representatives. @Kent R is the Northwest Regional Director.

as @Big G said, the Northwest Overland Rally is a great place to get exposer into Overlanding.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative