mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
To all yall who go on extended trips longer than the weekend in middle of nowhere. What do you do or plan to resort to if or when you run out of tp?
Dirty socks,boxers or shirt?
Paper map?
Spray bottle?
Dip your ass in river/stream?
Leaves?
Just be nasty till you get to civilization?

Ive had to do 1 through 5 no way im having itchy stinky butt on the trail. Now i carry more tp than i think ill need but shit happens.
Sounds like poor planning .

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Sounds like poor planning .
Not to good at the what if game huh? No secondary options? Want to ridicule a legitimate question that there maybe alot of people wondering but too embarrassed to ask?

Maybe your part of why people throw shit and paper all over the place, because they can't learn something without weeding through memes and elitism. Overlanding as a whole is just hurting itself by promoting to go out and have fun, buy this and that but never give solutions to real everyday scenarios.

One day you will find yourself without toilet paper and be in a shitty situation and think back to this thread and come up with a solution. Your welcome

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
My GF always buys backups of everything. When she opens a new bottle of Ketchup, she makes a note and buys its replacement, same with toothpaste, and everything else in the house. Hell, she has an emergency frozen pizza in the freezer. She buys the blue 12 packs of Charmin, 6 rolls go upstairs, 6 rolls go downstairs. Then she buys another 12 pack and stores it in the closet. I made fun of her once so she let it get down to 2 spare rolls, then Covid hit and all the store shelves were emptied of TP. Boy, I showed her nothing bad would happen if she didn't have spare TP on hand. We were down to raiding our hiking packs for toilet paper. I grabbed some spare paper towels from work, but we never needed to use them, thankfully.

Now, we are back up to between 12 to 24 rolls in the house.
Yah my mom likes a spare 3-4 ...6 pack at the least. Her household did not have to sweat it for a while. She also made sure laundry soap/dish soap was good for a year. JUST IN CASE!

Blue?.........NO RED, no the New Charmin BROWN? :astonished: Tell her to experiment on the flavors.......:sweatsmile:

mep1811

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

El Paso, Texas
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Perez
Not to good at the what if game huh? No secondary options? Want to ridicule a legitimate question that there maybe alot of people wondering but too embarrassed to ask?

Maybe your part of why people throw shit and paper all over the place, because they can't learn something without weeding through memes and elitism. Overlanding as a whole is just hurting itself by promoting to go out and have fun, buy this and that but never give solutions to real everyday scenarios.

One day you will find yourself without toilet paper and be in a shitty situation and think back to this thread and come up with a solution. Your welcome
Nope. I plan ahead. But sad that such a small thing gets you all worked up.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
To all yall who go on extended trips longer than the weekend in middle of nowhere. What do you do or plan to resort to if or when you run out of tp?
Dirty socks,boxers or shirt?
Paper map?
Spray bottle?
Dip your ass in river/stream?
Leaves?
Just be nasty till you get to civilization?

Ive had to do 1 through 5 no way im having itchy stinky butt on the trail. Now i carry more tp than i think ill need but shit happens.
Corn cobs.

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
wondering if anyone on here has tried this...or rather if anyone on here will ADMIT to trying it....

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #